Chapter 7

As an apology for making y'all wait so long, this chapters like doubled so theres that… enjoy!

***

3 weeks.

It’s been 3 weeks since Michael first realized the possibility of him being insane. And in those 3 weeks, everything he did, said and thought only supported that theory more.

No one believed him.

After that treacherously confusing day, Michael was determined more than ever to figure out what’s going on in those lousy Richmond High hallways. He knows something powerful is hiding in it’s walls and his determination to figure out exactly what it is only heightens and strengthens each passing day.

So far, he’s at a dead end. Tearing through the books that have any association whatsoever with the supernatural beings currently roaming the earth haven’t helped him at all. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. He’s rapidly losing hope, because the lack of ideas he’s come up with, to confirm his many thoughts, is atrociously dismal.

In the passing weeks, Erin’s broken nose had fully healed, only leaving a slight bruising as memory of her accident. To anyone else, how she broke her nose is completely explainable, but to Michael, walking next to a bookcase, hearing a creak, looking up and having a dictionary fall directly onto her nose seems completely bizarre. The doctor was also slightly stunned at the particular break she received because it appeared more like a force from the side had caused the problem, not from the front.

The time it’s taken Michael to come up with absolutely nothing, lead him to contemplating her accident and he finally decided… that was no accident. He tried to get Erin to see how unlikely her situation was, and also attempted to explain what happened in the cafeteria. But all she said to that was 'no it's okay, I was just being clumsy' and 'you would’ve been seeing things Michael, you know how you get when you’re hungry'.

And yes, he does know how he gets when he’s hungry, but that’s the thing. He had had about three MacDonald’s meals just beforehand, so food was the last thing on his mind.

The more he thinks about the tiny pieces of unrealistic occurrences has him winding himself up more and more. He’s searched through history book after history book and he can’t recall any species that caught his attention, in regards to what’s been happening.

Except one…

Voodoo witches.

They’re the most powerful type of supernatural being to ever exist, excluding the mythical creatures that are said to have roamed the earth thousands of years ago. These beings though, they were way too powerful to let go, so any known voodoo witch was executed almost immediately.

Michael knows of these witches, especially considering he’s one himself, but he also knows that the last surviving witch of this species was destroyed about 8 years ago, so there’s no possible way that that’s what he’s dealing with.

But all the signs he’s noticed and experienced point to the doings of a voodoo witch: the human-like vibe with a tinge of light, the many extremely strange happenings, not to mention the weird occurrences that practically scream 'Oh hey, I’m one of the most powerful spells out there and only voodoo witches have the knowledge of how to perform me'.

All this information had hit him full force because it all matches, every single finding. His conspiracies were futile and rather vague, but all information found supported his original theory…  something cunning and deceitful is lurking amongst the gaggles of school kids, and they’re all completely ignorant as to how much danger they’re truly in.