Chapter 11

Some Things Really Ends Fast

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been a month since we first entered 2nd year of highschool and nothing really changed except for the fact that Kureno finally found his other half, guess who it is...

It's Tani-chan! He told me yesterday that him and Tani-chan met at the convenience store.

'Love at first sight I see~'

.

.

.

.

Yuki...has been so distant lately, I'm getting worried. Of course not on me but around his surroundings.

'I wonder if Akito is bothering him again'

"Naohito perfect timing! Can you help me carry this?" I stopped my train of thoughts as I remember that I have something to do. "Uh- sure" I thanked him as we went out to bring this important papers to the office.

______________________

"Um (y/n)-san, I don't want to be nosy but...have you noticed something with the president?"

I looked at him confused. We we're currently walking in the hallway, we just dropped the papers at the office and now we're headed back to their own office.

"What do you mean?" I asked still confused at the moment. "What I mean is, you haven't noticed that the president have been staring at Kuragi-san?" I stopped from walking as I process what he just told me. Many things suddenly popped up from my mind but one thought hurt me the most.

'What if...Yuki is falling out of love in me?'

"NO!!!" I yelled and clutched my hands on both sides of my head, falling on the floor. "...STOP!!" I yelled once again. Naohito kneeled in front of me but I just stared at him with tears in my eyes.

"... that's not true"

"But (y/n)-"

"Please stop it now Sakuragi. I'll go home now, tell Yuki that I went home already" I stood up and ran as fast as I can to our classroom. I took my bag and ran outside.

______________________

"You promised me you'll treasure my heart...where did that promise go?"

I walked aimlessly, lost in my own thoughts. I have no care in the world right now. I don't know what to do...how can I save this relationship? How can I keep him with me?

"Just how...?"

I just stood there. In front of the crossroad.

.

.

.

.

"(y/n)-san!"

Did he...followed me all the way here?

"Naohito..!?"

Halting in front of me, he bowed. "I'm sorry!" I was surprised that he would follow me but why? We're not really close and besides who would give a care to someone like me? I'm not worth anything.

I just wanna cry all day...it hurts so much I can't handle this.

"You don't have to. I'm sorry to be a bother, you know you didn't have to follow me...but thank you for your worry"

"I'll let you borrow my shoulder so...cry it all out" he gently said while patting his shoulder.

____________________

"Is there something that I'm not enough? Am I too clingy? Or I am just a boring person?" I asked, my head resting at his now damped shoulder. He suggested we stay in the park near our school for awhile until I'm done letting it all out.

"You're an amazing person (y/n)-san. You know...the first time I met you, I immediately saw how wonderful you are although you never really noticed it but I like you" I lifted my head from his comfort and stared at him for a second before breaking an eye contact. "Please stop it now. I-"

"It's too late (y/n), I've fallen too hard to stop now"

"Excuse me, I'll-"

"Running away won't do anything! Even if you leave you'll still be hurting and- I'll still be here waiting for you. You can't just run and leave your problems behind forever, you have to fight it! So...I don't care if you reject me"

"Come back here and reject me! Say that you still love Yuki! Say that...you can't love me the way that I love you! Don't run away now and face me!"

I had to do what I need to do...

I have to or I'll regret it.

'I'm sorry...Naohito'

I walked in front of him and stood there.

I'm gonna say it now...

"I won't run away..., Naohito I truly appreciate you admiring me but I apologize because I- I can't reciprocate it...I am truly sorry"

"My love for Yuki will! Never fade away. My heart will always choose to love him. I tried to forget my feelings for him by loving someone but I just can't...it feels like betraying my heart so please I hope you understand me"

"I like you too but not just in the way how you see me"

He sighed sadly and looked at me. We locked eyes for a second before breaking it once again.

"I understand"

"Thank you...walking in my life, thank you for not running away. I guess I'll say this one last time like how I say it the first time today"

"I'll always like you!"

Feel the peyn with me pls🥲