Chapter 12

The Distance Between Us

He saw the distance between the two of them. She seems out of reach even though she's not far away.

Who built the distance? It's not her but Yuki himself. He built a wall between them without him realizing the damage it caused.

Such a fragile heart, broken into pieces but still.., he picked it all up and tried to fix what the other person did.

Who is he? If you may ask.

.

.

.

.

___________________________

"I saw a trail of broken pieces and decided to picked up each of them. Who does this belong? I wonder..."

It's one of her favorite lines in the book she used to love.

"I Found Love Along The Way"

That was the title of the story.

And she wonders...'would anyone do the same with mine?'

.

.

.

.

.

Alone in the dark room, there she resides. One small window was her only source of light. She was... surrounded by nothingness and it was eating her up.

Bit. By. Bit.

How would a simple mistake turns into a huge disaster?

A simple every glance of him to her...a part of her heart is slowly falling apart.

Every minute passing by, they locked each other's eyes.

It pains to see such a sinful sight.

Are they even together? Does he not love her anymore?

She sacrificed every love that comes her way for his love and this was his way of returning it? How disrespectful!

"Someone...help me"

____________________________

Kyo's POV

(y/n)'s been missing.

That was what Shigure has said to us.

Even though how much I don't want to believe it... something is telling me that it's true.

I really can't read her.

(y/n) is such a mysterious person isn't she?

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a thing to her back when we were a child.

I'm getting worried for real here actually.

"I want to help find her"

Yuki's lucky that she had chosen him. Didn't think he'd say that. I thought he had forgotten about her after I saw how distant they have been to each other.

"It's partially your fault so yeah you should, but I'll find her too" I said while looking (glaring) at him.

"For once we had agree on something"

________________________________

Yuki's POV

I was shocked and speechless when Shigure told us that (y/n)'s been missing for almost a week now.

I thought she was just sick...I didn't realize how much I've neglected her love.

She's always there for me but why am I still looking for love to someone else?

She's hurting and I didn't noticed it earlier...if only I could bring back the times that I had missed, then only she would not be missing right now and she would be there smiling like an innocent child in front of me but...I cannot bring it back.

.

.

.

.

.

As I was walking, I didn't even notice that I stopped in front of the Sohma estate as if my feet is guiding me here and telling me she's there waiting for you.

"...waiting for me?"

'She is waiting for me!'

I fought back my fear and stepped inside the place I once grew up with. Painful memories suddenly rushed through my mind but I ignored it and kept running.

I had bumped into someone...

"Haru? What are you..." I asked confused.

"I was about to go to you. (y/n)- she needs help! Come with me! She's waiting for you"

I ran along with Haru as my direction.

"She's not missing. Akito had locked her up there again"

"Locked her up!? Again!?!"

"Haru pls tell me what really happened"

"Let's hurry up first!"

_________________________________

(Y/N)'s POV

Again, for the 4th time...I woke up in this familiar dark that I had grew fond with because in here I feel much more safe than in the outside world.

In here...I don't feel the pain anymore. I felt numb and dull each passing hours.

I doubt he would save me. He's probably busy right now and I'm sure he doesn't even know.

"..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I wish someone would save me.."

I silently cried out.

Nothing came.

I was slowly losing hope, but then all of the sudden...

"(y/n)! Are you ok!? I'm sorry for the delay...I just heard from Kureno and as soon as I heard it I ran fast in here"

"Don't worry because I'm now here to comfort you...you can cry on my shoulder, although I'm shorter than you haha"

'Momiji...?'

It doesn't matter who came here, as long as I'm not alone anymore.

"...is it really ok? For me to cry? I don't wanna be a bother-"

Then he suddenly embraced me gently like he's holding a baby. I feel...safe?

I like this feeling.

"You're not a bother to me (y/n). Then why did I ran all the way here? Because to me...you matter more than anything in the world. You must've forgotten that we're best friends and that's what best friends do right? To comfort them when they need it"

"Thank you for everything Momiji... that's why I like you"

"Me too...."

_______________________________

'I was too late...'

_______________________________