Chapter 30

Writers POV

The sun's rays filtered through the open window, lighting up the room and waking her up. The sun was shining brightly outside, and her lids flutter opened and closed several times as her eyes adjusted to the brightness. She took a look around and discovered an empty room. The curtains were slightly parted over the open window, allowing light and fresh air in. She slid out of bed slowly, allowing her stiff muscles to adjust. She stood in front of the window, soaking in the cool autumn breeze. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, flowing in the autumn breeze and his scent that surrounded her. Her cheeks are flushed with a light pink blush as she recalls the events of the previous night. She had lost control over her mind and things happened. She sighed and entered the restroom. She took off her shirt and stepped under the showerhead. As cold water washed away every trace of sweat, stiffness, and tiredness in her muscles, she sighed and closed her eyes.
Her thoughts returned to the letter and the assassins. And, of course, what Meatpacker had said. He's in desperate need of blood! He's not going to stop until he gets what he wants. The mere thought caused her to close her eyes and clench her fist. She slammed her fist into the wall and blinked open her eyes.
"I've become frail!" She grumbled to herself.
She stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her naked self after washing her hair and body. She went into the closet, on her tiptoe, and changed into a comfortable oversized t-shirt and shorts. She blotted her hair with a towel and let it air dry completely. She emerged from the closet to find Aiden sitting on the bed. He looked up at her and with long strides, he stopped in front of her. He embraced her in a loving warm hug, which she returned.
"How are you feeling?" His voice was tinged with concern as he inquired.
"Good."
"Would you like some breakfast?" he said, pulling away from the hug.
"Yeah, I'm starving," He smiled and nodded as she spoke.
"All right, I'll get you something to eat."
Before he could turn around, she said
"Erm, I'm sorry. About last night, you know when I tried to..." her gaze dropped, and he stood straight in front of her.
"When you tried to help yourself and take me?" His voice was low and coaxed to sound huskier.
"Yeah," she said without looking up, and he moved closer to her. She took a step back with each step he took towards her.
"That was your dominant side showing, and you tried to take what was rightfully yours. And believe me, baby, just thinking about how you claimed me as yours turns me on."
When he finished his sentence, she looked up to see a playful smirk on his lips. He enclosed her with the wall and pressed his prominent bulge over her stomach.
"That was due to the...heat," she blurted out as he drew his lips closer to hers. He hummed as his hand ran gently over her bare thigh. Her mind was fogged up with memories of his hand all over her body and the pleasure he had brought her. She couldn't help but wish she could feel the same way again.
"Nonetheless, you claimed me as yours, love. And I'm glad you did because I'm yours as much as you are mine and you own me." He said, and she raised her eyes to look at him. His playful smirk had vanished, replaced by a genuine smile and sincerity in his eyes. She could see right through his meaning of what he said, leaving her speechless. It is extremely rare for an Alpha male to tell someone, let alone his mate, that she owns him. Males in a werewolf society treat their mate as fragile glassware that they believe they own, hiding them behind closed doors. His strong hand gliding up her thigh, stopping close to her core but never touching. She felt wetness between her thighs and saw a smirk on his lips when he sniffed her arousal. He brought his lips closer to her ear and whispered in coaxing his voice,
"I'm hungry, should I make us an omelet?"
"Hm, that's sounds good." She whispered looking at him
"Neh, maybe I want something warm and...moist." his words made her stomach flip and her core throb,
"Like what?"
"...pancakes, with hot warm syrup all over. Something juicy like that to munch on."
"Yeah, that sounds okay too."
"You mean you like the sound of me bitting that pancake while the warm juices flow all over my mouth and tongue?" His velvety voice and the tone of tease made her breath hitch and the pool of desire intensify.
"I'll get us breakfast." His lips barely touched her earlobe and he pulled back walking away.
"We'll play if that's what you desire." He left the room with a wink thrown her way after she grumbled.
When Aiden arrived with their breakfast, Ariel was sitting on the bed under the duvet. He brought a plate full of maple syrup-soaked pancakes.
"I love pancakes," she said softly, dipping her finger in the maple syrup and putting it in her mouth without breaking eye contact with him. She gently sucked her finger and yanked it out with a pop. She noticed his eyes following her movement and his jaw clenching. He cut the pancakes and placed a spoonful in front of her mouth. She took the bite while looking him in the eyes. She moaned, closing her eyes, at the taste. The duvet slipped down, exposing her long legs. She sat straight in front of him, slightly spreading her legs to give him a good view. She had removed the shorts she was wearing and was now in nothing but an oversized t-shirt and undies. His chest rumbled in low growls, and she hid the smirk that was forming on her lips. The shirt slipped down, exposing her shoulder and unmarked neck. She pushed her hair behind her back, exposing her bare shoulder to him. When she looked into his eyes, she noticed that they had darkened significantly. She arched her brows, asking him to feed her, and he placed another spoonful in front of her mouth. She ate the spoonfuls of pancakes and licked her lips clean from the dripping syrup.
"Stop doing that, mate." He grumbled, and she played dumb,
"Stop doing what?" She cocked her chin.
"Stop putting my patience to the test by teasing me." He said with a low growl.
"I'm teasing you? What exactly are you talking about?" She smirked
"You are well aware of what you are doing. Stop before I decide to punish you."
"How do you intend to punish me?" She said and he stepped closer to her until his hot breath fanned over her skin and placed his hand on her bare thigh.
"I'll bend you over with your ass up high in the air and spank your cute little ass until it's bright red and you under my mercy," Her breath caught and he kissed her impossibly close to her lips, his hand gave her thigh a squeeze and pulled back. He stepped back and said
"Finish your meal and take some rest. I have some work to attend to." With a gentle teasing touch, he drew his hand away from her thigh. He straightened up and exited the room. She sat, leaning against the headboard, and dug into the food. She walked around the room after finishing the food and decided to check on the wound. The wound remained raw and angry red. She changed the dressing and applied some ointment. She walked around the room and opened the door to look outside. She looked to the right and left; the hall was empty except for that one warrior.
"Are you looking for something Luna?" The warrior inquired.
"Yes, can you tell me where your Alpha is?" She asked as she couldn't think of anything else.
"His Highness is at the training grounds, Luna." He responded, and she entered the room after a brief thank you. She sat on the bed, her mind racing with the prospect of training. She hadn't trained or done any kind of practice or exercise in a long time. She was aware that a war was approaching and she needed to be in top physical condition. It was a great time to start sweating again. She entered the closet and, after rummaging through the small selection of clothes, discovered a pair of black yoga pants and a sports bra. The yoga pant ended just above her belly button, and the sports bra exposed more than she would have liked. She wore a simple jacket to cover up and wore her hair up in a messy bun. She didn't need any kind of unnecessary attention while training. She exited the room wearing some black training shoes. The warrior looked at her with questioning eyes and she said,
"Please take me to the training grounds."
"Of course, Luna." The warrior bowed and started walking leading her toward the training grounds. As she walked behind the warrior, her hands were in her jacket pocket. The warrior was well-built, and she was nearly as tall as the warrior. The wolves stared at her unkindly as they walked through the long corridors, and she gave them fake small smiles. The wolves bowed their heads and took their gaze away from her. She walked behind the warrior with her head held high, not paying much attention to the nasty stares. Even though her presence screamed power and authority and the pheromones surrounding her made everyone acknowledge her presence.