Chapter 41

"Your Highness,"
"Please call me Eldrid, Liam." She smiled politely as the Gamma returned the smile and nodded his head.
"I see you've received my message."
"Of course, Lady Eldrid. Nicholas will arrive soon. Is there anything else you require me to do?"
"No, not right now. Let's go, Aiden is waiting for us." She shook her head and rose from the couch, making her way to the stairs. Liam quickly followed her lead, and they were soon on the first floor, walking towards Aiden's private office. Liam came up behind her and knocked on the door.
"Come in," Aiden's deep voice rang through the door, and Liam opened it, allowing Eldrid to walk in first. When she walked in, her attention was drawn to the woman sitting eloquently on the couch by the window on the left side of the room. Eldrid shifted her gaze to the man seated firmly in the swivel chair.
"What exactly is she doing here?" Her voice was calm as she inquired. Aiden raised his eyes to look at her.
"He as..." Victoria came to a halt in the middle of her sentence as Eldrid raised her hand, not taking her gaze away from her mate.
"I'm not talking to you. I had mentioned that this meeting would be between the commanding circle."
"And I'd invited her to join us," Aiden responded calmly, his hand collapsing on the table.
"I clarified that this meeting should be kept private!"
"I can leave if the Luna desires so," Victoria said as she stood up, an innocent glint in her voice.
"Sit down Victoria. I make the decisions, not you, mate. I'm the Alpha here." Eldrid's face turned cold as he growled. She had a sickly sweet smile on her face.
"Of course, Your Royal highness. You're the Alpha." She didn't take her eyes away from him. Her cold eyes pierced him like daggers.
Her beasts were pacing, snarling at their mate, and the female for their mate had growled at them for another female. They were willing to burn Victoria to the ground.
Victoria sat back down on the couch, leaving Liam in the back of the room, awkwardly observing. He didn't have much to say or do in a dispute between the Alpha couple. The air became thick with tension as the couple locked their gazes on each other in a stare-down. Eldrid stood there like a stone statue, without emotion, remorse, or anger, just a cold, piercing gaze. He didn't back down either; she wasn't the only one who was headstrong and obstinate in the cabin.
There was a knock on the door, and the doors cracked open. The Beta walked through the door with a slight grin on his face, which quickly vanished when he sensed the hostile aura in the cabin. His gaze was drawn to the Alpha couple before shifting to the Gamma. He raised his brow, his eyes questioning, and inquired as to what had occurred. Liam shook his head and looked back at Nicholas with desperate eyes. Nicholas coughed, clearing his throat in an attempt to get their attention. But the couple's hostile stare-down remained unaffected.
"Your Royal Highnesses, I discovered something extremely important that must be discussed as soon as possible!" He exclaimed hurriedly, and Aiden finally broke the stare-down and glanced at Nicholas.
"We will talk about this!" He stated unequivocally.
"There's nothing to talk about," she said, her jaw clenched and her eyes cold. His chest vibrated with a disapproving deep growl. Her beasts were displeased with his behavior and attitude, and her eyes flitted.

They took their seats as Nicholas explained what he and Eldrid were thinking about the possible involvement of witches and dark magic. What he discovered after Aiden had ordered him to keep an eye out for anything suspicious.
"But how is this possible!" Victoria exclaimed in a high-pitched voice, and Eldrid gritted her teeth in an attempt to contain her rage.
"Could you elaborate, Lady Victoria?" She inquired, a phony smile on her face.
"The Demon monarchy forbids the use of dark magic. Dark magic cannot be performed or practiced by witches or warlocks."
"That is something we are all aware of. Also, no witch or warlock can perform dark magic without the favor of a demon. That, I might add, hasn't been practiced in the Demonic and Sorcery realms in centuries." Liam said the final sentences with trepidation, for the Beta's indication of dark magic.
"I'm aware of that, Liam, but this vial may suggest otherwise," Nicholas said as he placed a small piece of cloth on the table. He removed the cloth, revealing a small glass vial beneath it. It emitted a faint essence of dark magic.
"You found it?" Eldrid inquired
"Yes, Lady Eldrid. After our conversation, I went through everything and eventually found this vial." He responded by looking at her, and she nodded. He returned his attention to the Alpha.
"We all know that dark magic is forbidden, but it can be practiced to certain levels with the favor of a demon. However, in the 17th century, this dimension of dark magic was prohibited. From that point forward, no knowledge, books, or questions were permitted. Although, a few rare books and people with certain knowledge remain."
"But, Nicholas, what was it that this vial contained?" Aiden inquired.
"A potion, Alpha."
"What kind of potion?" Aiden questioned.
"A potion capable of genetically altering a supernatural." He said this, and Aiden nodded silently, pondering for a moment. The cabin fell silent, and everyone was lost in their own thoughts as they processed the new information.
"How do you know, Nick, that this vial contained that potion?" Aiden raised his gaze, questioning the Beta with a steely stare.
"You know I've always had a passion for learning everything there is to know about potions. Especially something forbidden by law." Nicholas responded with a sheepish sigh.
"You want me to believe that because of your passion for everything forbidden, you discovered what this vial contained simply by looking at it?" Aiden inquired, crossing his arms in front of him. Under his Alpha's stern gaze, Nicholas lowered his eyes. He took a deep breath and said
"This vial contained some of that potion. And after I discovered it, I had sent it to Lord Alvar."
"What! Are you insane, Nicholas? You do know our political stance with the Kingdom of Drinealia, don't you?" Aiden snarled.
"Kingdom of Drinealia as in the Demonic Kingdom? And who's Lord Alvar?" Victoria exclaimed but her question fell on deaf ears.
"I know, Alpha, but that was the only way we could possibly know what that potion was, and now we know what it was and what we're up against!" Nicholas attempted to justify his actions. Aiden was about to deliver another blow with his sharp words when Eldrid spoke up.
"Are you referring to the 'Potion of Evan,' Nicholas?" She had a faraway look in her eyes and a deep thought in her mind.
"Lady Eldrid, you are correct. A potion designed to change the gen..."
"Supernatural genetics that makes them more lethal and ruthless." Eldrid completed his sentence.
"Those are just rumors from the 15th century!" Victoria scoffed
"No, they are not. Numerous scholars and books have demonstrated that they are not." Nicholas exclaimed
"Nick, you believe a potion from the 15th century was replicated in this century? A potion made after the Princess Evan?" Liam inquired as if he wanted to be certain.
"Princess Evan?" Aiden asked with a slightly perplexed look.
"Princess Evangeline, Your Highness. Queen Evangeline mate of late King Albert." Liam said and Aiden nodded in realization.
"She was born in the Kingdom of Drinealia. There was a rumor that she was a hybrid soon after her birth. The very first hybrid in the history of the supernatural. A particular handful of supernaturals believed her of being a hybrid, and she was abducted and experimented on, according to history. After that, a potion was created that could alter genetics, and the King forbade the use of that potion at the time. And the prohibition is still in effect." Nicholas elaborated.
"I've heard of this, but the supernaturals they experimented on with potion had become feral or had lost control of them. The person altering them was able to dominate them against their will." Eldrid voiced her thoughts.
"And that was why the reason of why the potion was prohibited! The law of Drinealia states that any potion or magic that has the ability to alter or control one's actions is forbidden." Liam stated nodding his head.
"All right, now tell me what you want to do." Aiden inquired, his gaze fixed on Eldrid and Nicholas.
"Malcolm must be apprehended as soon as possible. He could be planning something. We need to apprehend him or figure out what he's up to before he attacks again." Eldrid stated calmly, and Aiden nodded
"I was thinking the same thing. Immediately share information with Victoria, everything you know about Malcolm, and Victoria begin tracking him down." He ordered and Eldrid stared at him with challenging eyes and she raised her brows. The last thing on her mind was collaborating with Victoria.
"She is one of the best trackers the Kingdom has," Aiden said through gritted teeth and Eldrid slightly nodded not breaking their eye contact.
"And what do you propose, Nicholas?" Aiden asked, taking his gaze away from Eldrid. Nicholas was fumbling around in his thoughts, attempting to come up with a suitable proposal.
"I seek permission to visit my Uncle Lord Alvar in the Kingdom of Drinealia," he said boldly after a little hesitation.

_____________________________

Finally finished writing a chapter 🙌
Thank you for the amazing support everyone ❤
I would like to tell you guys that my novel The Reaper; Alpha's Mate is now a exclusive novel on Anystories. While writing Prince's Assassin Mate, I had a lot of ideas on how should the story end and I finally settled on the plot it is following now. But while writing a certain chapter, I had another plot idea and I fell instantly in love with it. So I couldn't follow both so I decided to write another one. Thr Reaper; Alpha's Mate follows the story of Eldrid and Aiden and these two novels have similar chapters but they split in a certain point and go on with their own storyline. If you are interested you can check it out🤗
But if you do please wait for me to inform you from which chapter you should start, else you would have to buy the chapters you already read. On that note it wraps up this chapter 😌🙏🙌

Vote

Comment

Share