nine

The plate shattered violently against the shiny floors, but like the thirty four others before it, the hollowed feeling in Billie's chest didn't leave. 

Although the destruction around her did offer a little solace.

Billie reached out to the rack across the aisle, grabbing a 'HERS' apron, tearing it to shreds with her bare hands and leaving the ripped cloth scattered among the parade of broken glass on the floor. She still wasn't so used to actually being able to interact with physical objects, but it did help ease her mind.

"Woah, go easy Billie, save me some."

Harper groaned out in frustration, turning slowly. "God, you'd think to know when a girl wants to be left alon-" Her mind fully registered the voice that had spoken as soon as she saw his face.

"Oh my god..."

Stefan turned his palms out at his sides for a moment, presenting himself with that little signature half smile of his. "In the flesh, sort of."

She shook her head for a moment. "Wait, if you're here, then..." He nodded solemnly, wading through the clutter on the floor to get closer. 

"Then some punk, possessed hybrid ripped his heart out in a parking lot, yeah it wasn't pretty." A new voice echoed around her and Billie frowned, trying to find the source when a tall blonde with pin straight hair down to her waist emerged from the bedding aisle.

Stefan smiled cordially, gesturing to the new arrival. "Billie, this is Lexi. Lexi, meet Mystic Falls' late clairvoyant."

Lexi whistled appreciatively. "Clairvoyant? Now those are hard to find."

Billie smiled wide at the Salvatore, laughing quietly as she staggered through the mess of broken things to engulf him in a hug. "I missed you, asshole."

He recovered his balance from her tackle, reciprocating the gesture with a beam of his own. "Of all the places I thought I'd find you, Bill, Bed Bath and Beyond wasn't one of them."

She stepped back, going on her tiptoes to grab a stack of ceramic plates off a shelf, offering them to Stefan and his friend. "Smash a couple of these bad boys and you'll get it."

Stefan raised his brows, turning to Lexi with a suggestive look and getting an eager grin in return.

Bonnie sat in her dorm room, laying back on the bed with her eyes closed when she felt a presence appear in the room beside her. "As far as impending doom goes, you don't seem all that worried, Bon."

She smiled warmly, opening her eyes and looking to Billie who lay on the bed next to her, studying the ceiling with squinting hazel eyes. She'd parted with Stefan and Lexi who were on a mission to find Alaric to let him know about the plan. It felt right to leave them to their own devices, seeing as Lexi had been dead for years and was Stefan's best friend. "Well, it's not quite as exciting after you've done it at a few times."

Billie hummed in understanding, sitting up and going to peak out the window, getting straight to what was on her mind.. "Can I ask you something?" The witch sat up, listening with a nod. "What's going to happen to me? When I wake up."

"What do you mean?" Billie blew a bout of air trying to word her question. "I don't want to bore you with the gruesome details of my death, but I did turn before I died and you know what happens when a clairvoyant becomes a vampire."

Bonnie hesitated a second before nodding her head, not wanting to think about what had happened to Billie all those years ago. "What I mean is, when, if I come back... what'll happen? Do I become human again? Am I gonna die the same way I did back then?"