11 ; last.

⸺

we stood side by side in our graduation photos, not for all of them, but for some of them. looking back at the photos, it makes me happy knowing you're happy now, as well.

my favorite photo would be the one that captured us mid-conversation. you jokingly whispered into my ear, "first loves to friends?"

and, i replied sarcastically, "you're lucky to have me as your first love. any other person would have beaten you up."

in the photo, both of us are laughing, smiling at each other. at that moment, i realized i no longer had questions to ask you because that would be the last time i would think of you and our past relationship together. we were now friends, and have a memorable friendship worth treasuring.

for us both, we agreed that our relationship taught us how to grow in ways we didn't know existed. people will always come and go in our lives, and it is sometimes outside of our control how long they will stay or what the reason is behind why they will leave. sometimes, it just is beyond our control, but we can't dwell on the past when there's a grand future ahead of us all.

doesn't this sound a lot like our first oyster conversation? it's because you did impact my life. and i hope i did impact yours as well. i hope we can continue to and will always impact each other's lives in silence or in memory, even if we don't ever see each other again.

we all have more ingredients—people—to meet in order to make the savory, one-of-kind dish—life—worth remembering eternally.

for one last time, the world is your oyster; i wish you the best.

soundtrack

this is me

by the greatest showman cast