Chapter Five

"No fucking way."

There was no way Dean could believe his eyes. It wasn't possible. The odds of him ever running into his brother ever again were slim to none, and those of seeing his father even less so. Baelfire, he'd barely recognized. It was Rumplestiltskin that hit him hard. The Dark One looked like he'd hardly aged a day since Dean fell through that portal with his brother. Minus the warty-skin, of course. 

He looked to his brother. "Bae?"

Both his father and brother frowned in disbelief, muttering, "Lennox?"

"Actually, it's Dean now," he corrected, and pushed off the building, making his way toward them. "And what was it you were going by, Bae? Nelson?"

"Neal, actually."

He pondered that and crossed his arms.. "Alright, that's not as bad. Going for like a Neal Diamond sorta thing, or..." he trailed off, waiting for an answer.

"No," his brother replied, still obviously in a bit of disbelief. "Just Neal."

A shrug. "Okay, then, Just Neal, why don't you give your big brother at least one hu--" He wasn't able to finish, due to his baby brother barreling toward him and wrapping him up in a big bear hug. "Wow," he chuckled, returning the hug. "I guess you really did miss me, huh?" He got no response, only a -- still disbelieving -- stare from Neal as they separated. "Hey pops," Dean nodded to his father.

"Lennox? What -- I don't..." he trailed off.

Dean noticed the gaping stab wound in his chest that was bleeding profusely and looking more infected by the minute. He let loose a cruel smirk. "Guess you finally got what's coming to you, huh?"

"Wait, wait, wait. Wait a second," Mary Margaret cut in, looking to him. "Rumplestiltskin is your father? As in, Mr. Gold, the Dark One, Rumplestiltskin?"

Dean frowned at her. "Wait, how do you know he's the Dark One? No, no, better yet; how the hell did you get here?" The last part was yelled at his father. "I thought we ditched your ass back in the Enchanted Forest? It's been, what, a couple centuries? How long have you been here?"

He almost got an answer, but he could see something in Rumple's face change. "Can we please discuss this back at my shop? I can heal myself there, and the pain from this wound is getting quite hard to bear."

Dean scoffed, tossing his arms out. "Wow, who would have thought it sucks for you to be a normal human again, huh? No more invulnerability, I guess."

"Here we go," he heard Neal huff, but he ignored it.

"It's almost as if you didn't wanna give up your powers. But hey, here you are without them. And if you don't mind my asking, what was it?" He smiled bitterly. "What made you change your mind? Was it the guilt from letting your sons fall into a world that you didn't know jack shit about and letting them rot for two hundred years? Or was it something else? Huh?"

"I didn't choose to come here," Rumple snarled as menacingly as he could with a gaping wound in his chest, which wasn't very effective. "I was forced here by a curse. We all were." He was trying to defend himself, but he was only adding fuel to the fire.

Dean could hardly contain his anger, opting to take it out in sarcasm rather than yelling. "Oh, because that makes it so much better! Telling me you didn't even come here out of guilt for leaving your sons alone for TWO HUNDRED YEARS?" Before he'd realized what was happening, he had the First Blade out and was stalking closer to the wounded man. He stopped in his tracks, seeing the fearful look in his fathers eyes masked by annoyance. "You're not worth it," he grumbled. "Good luck not bleeding out, pops." Shoving the Blade back into his waistband, he stalked off. 

He overheard a woman's voice asking, "What's that you were saying about the difference between running from your father and watching him die?"

His brother could be heard sighing. "Lennox is... he and I are very different, to say the least. He's brutal. Not a monster like our old man, but he's got his own dark side. Which I've had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing for more than a hundred years."

The woman again, "Hey, did you see that weird bone he had? What was that, do you know?"

There was no response from his brother.

He couldn't let himself relax until he heard the truck start up and leave, with his father inside it. He hated this. He hated his father. Hated the Mark. Hated stupid fate. That bitch. Why, why, why did Rumplestiltskin have to be here? It'd been lifetimes, and Dean still resented him for letting him and Bae fall through that portal without a second thought. He'd gone back on his word, something Dean knew that he boasted to never do.

---

A/N: Okay, yeah, I know. REALLY short chapter here, but I felt like I needed to crank something out. I've recently been spending some time on another fic that I've got in the works, which is a Teen Wolf / The Magnus Archives crossover where Stiles Stilinski takes a job as an archival assistant at the Magnus Institute towards the end of TMA season two, and gets all caught up in the story. Let me know if you guys would be interested in that. Again, sorry for such a short chapter and for disappearing for so long.