World's Most Incredible Jawline

What do you do when a 5"11 man with the World's Most Incredible Jawline, kind eyes and a Squirtle sticker secretly tucked inside his phone case comes barreling toward you at full speed, yelling, "hold the elevator!" while you were inside?

You slam the 'close' button repeatedly. Of course.

Especially if said man was your roommate, your former ballroom dance partner for college PE, and the guy you've been avoiding for the past week.

"Cami!" Zack Olaguivel Watson, Human Puppy, Instagram DIY Guru by day, grade four math teacher by profession exclaimed, like it was absolutely delightful to catch her in one of three elevators in the building. "Woah. I feel like I haven't seen you in a week."

"You haven't. I...was just really busy on that new project. Now we're waiting for the bosses to give the approval before rollout," she said, because it really had been a busy week, and not seeing Zack through all of that had been...convenient. "You're home early too."

"Exam season," he shrugged. "Math exam isn't until Thursday, so all I've been doing is proctor for an hour and I'm done," he said, smiling and nodding. "I love the smell of despair and cramming in the morning."

"Those poor children," she said.

God, it was hard to look at him when he was so smiley and beaming and happy. She'd heard one of his co-teachers joke about Zack's smiley face being the reason why the kids in his fancy International School (he taught fourth grade math, which, what even is fourth grade math) loved him so much--that and he made Math easy, and fun.

"Fair trade, because before the exam I was the one despairing and cramming," he laughed, and it made her feel like she could give him anything he wanted, and Cami wasn't ready to do that just yet.

"I got snacks from Ahjummart," she said quickly, changing the subject.

"Ooh, ooh, let me guess," he said excitedly, peering at Cami's tote bag like he had X-Ray vision. "Strawberry milk, caramel chews, the ramen with the orange wrapping and blue writing, the homemade kimchi, kimbap aaand..." he narrowed his eyes at the tote bag. "Fish cake. Are we having samgyupsal tonight?"

"What the...you stalking me, bes?" Cami raised a brow at him.

"No, I just know you that well," Zack shrugged nonchalantly, placing his purchases on the floor next to his feet and crossing his arms over his chest. The things that did to his poor shirt were criminal, the way he made that chest area stretch and look so good, and..

Huy Camilla. She told herself. Umayos ka. It's Zack.

"I take aversion to people mooching off my cooking," Cami huffed.

"You know I would believe that," Zack pointed out, still flexing, his chest still straining against his shirt, completely unaware of his roommate's inner turmoil. "Except it's been eleven years, and you've been letting me mooch off of your cooking since the day we met."

11 years, 169,654 messages to be exact! The app's screen flashed in Cami's mind.

Maybe their ballroom dance teacher had been right, that first day they met in PE class. 'You and your partner will get to know each other intimately. So get comfortable.'

It was a slow climb to the 20th floor.

"I also spotted you in Ahjummart when I walked past," Zack explained, giving her that wink that made girls in the same ballroom dance collapse. Literally. It was their midterm, and Cami and Zack were supposed to dance the Jive, and he'd pulled a full John Travolta, with a wink and rehearsed flip that still made Cami's stomach flip, eleven years later.

Maybe it was because she had an acidic stomach, but the data suggested that it was actually kilig.

You message each other most often during the weekday, with peak hours from 2-5 pm. You're obviously on each other's minds quite often.

Stupid data. And as the Innovations Manager for the Kilig Finder app, she knew she was partially to blame for her own dilemma.

Cami's latest project for KF was actually fun--to allow the app users to analyze the data set of a relationship, or in this case, its in-app messages, and see a relationship in terms of set indicators; text frequency, response speed, word clouds and emoji usage. All of that wrangled from message data, parsed on Sypder. Exploratory analysis was done with plotly and pandas, sentiment measured using word clouds and VADER.

This analysis in particular was a fun feature they wanted to offer, like a Spotify Wrapped, but for the KiligFinder match of your choice.

The test with her and Zack was supposed to be a gag, a joke to confirm, 'see, the You Two in Review feature really does work!'

Only for them to get 100% Kilig. Congrats, you're in love!

Okay, the statement was a little misleading, there was no conclusive way for data to determine that kind of emotional state. But she did have the results of their analysis. She knew how often they communicated, who responded first more often, when they messaged most frequently, which emojis they used the most (it was the kiss emoji, what the hell).

She even knew that they talked about their houseplants more often than any other topic, and said 'miss you!' a lot more frequently than she thought she did.

Zack has said 'love you' 157 times, 'luv u' 38 times and 'labyu' 24 times. Maybe it's time to say it back?

She blamed their copy writer for that little bit of sass.