Chapter 4

"Late again Marinette," Adrien called her out as they both ran to the doorway of their homeroom.

"Oh, looks who talking," Marinette eye-rolled as she was entering the classroom, "What happened? Did daddy, not like your outfit and made you change?"

"I can pick out my clothes fine," Adrien scoffed.

"You know I know the perfect leads," Ms. Bustier commented as Adrien and Marinette were entering the classroom. The class was set up to create the next short film to present for the competition.

"What?" Adrien and Marinette say at the same time after glaring at each other.

Ms. Bustier clarified, "Marinette and Adrien would make the perfect love birds be Juliet and Romeo.

"What!" Adrien and Marinette say to each other with disgusted looks.

"I rather die," Marinette exclaimed.

"That double for me," Adrien added.

"Good thing it's Romeo and Juliet," Alya interjected she chuckled, "You both do."

Marinette glared at her with cross arms and then back at Adrien.

Adrien took a chance to annoy her,  "Well if you're not up for it."

Marinette scoffed at him, "Excuse me."

"Come on your not capable to put our difference aside," Adrien insinuated,

"Oh, are you so self-centered? Then ok," Marinette states as he looked him over.

"What?" Adrien gave her a confused look.

"Of course I'll do it," Marinette clarified with an amused expression, "I'll play Juliet."

"Then it's decided," Ms. Bustier smile as she looked at the rest of the class, "So let's get to work."

Nino approached Adrien and Marinette to explain the modern version of Romeo and Juliet they were going to create. Marinette still designated herself to be capable of doing the costume designs. 

"I can't believe it," Marinette eye-rolled as they were going to work on the next scene.

"I can't believe you guys paired me with her-" Adrien looked back at Nino and Alya who were smiling at them as they were about to record a scene.

Marinette interjected, "Oh you're so lucky I owe you-"

Before she could finish Nino yelled out, "Lights! Camera! Action!"

Immediately Adrien composed himself and looked at Marinette with loving eyes, "Will you go out with me?"

Marinette was starstruck for a moment as she blinked rapidly. Adrien's heart fluttered as he looked at her bluebell eyes. She blushed as she said her lines, "I-I yes!!!"

"and cut!" Nino shouted, "That was a perfect frame!"

Marinette shook her head to compose herself.

"Wow, that was great," Adrien scoffed in surprise as his heartbeat rapidly, "Almost believable."

"Was that shot?" Marinette looked at him in disbelief at his compliment.

"A compliment," Adrien plastered a smile, "Don't expect another one."

"Ha, I wouldn't dream of it," Marinette scoffed.

Adrien continues to look at the script over, "It looks like we are going to have a lot of lines."

Marinette was skimming over the script as well, "Yeah..." 

Marinette and everyone in the classroom conversations was cut off as an Akuma has taken control of a victim.

Ma chère Mademoiselle, it is with the deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now we invite you to relax. Let us pull up a chair as the dining room proudly presents
Your Akuma battle!....they got and transform to be the hero of the day... They face the villain... while Hawkmoth is watching...The city is being destroyed...After all, Miss, this is France... they feel alone and scared as they are surrounded... Chat Noir flirting while m'lady is complaining... he tells jokes as uses her Lucky Charm... they formulate a plan... they got a good chance... Then they save day at last...

After the Akuma attack taking the whole afternoon school was over. Marinette went with her friends to Juleka's home to work on rehearsing their lines.

"Are you working on the costume design for the movie?" Luka asked as he notices Marinette sitting away from the group looking through a script.

Marinette let him sit beside her to show him the script, "Actually I have a role but I need my partner to practice."

He looked over to see the highlighted lines, "Juliet?"

"And can you imagine whose my co-star?" Marinette rhetorically asked, "Adrien!"

"You and him?" Luka replied with a jealous tone.

"The love interest of that boorish, brainless..." Marinette groaned as she facepalms her head on the script.

Luka chuckles as he reassured her, "Hey at least you make a beautiful Juliet."

"Thank you, I wish Adrien didn't antagonize me to take the role. My life is already busy as it is," Marinette expressed with annoyance as she told him about starring in the class movie with Adrien.

"I don't like the idea of you two doing this either, you can't stand each other. Isn't this supposed to be a love story?" Luka chuckled in amusement as he looked through the script.

"Yeah but Nino and Alya directed it to be a tragedy. At least we both die in the end," Marinette explains as she was designing in her sketchbook.

"How are you going to do about the kissing scene then?" Luka asked as he was reading the script.

"What kiss? We both die in the end!" Marinette expressed in shock as she took the script, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, No!"

Luka chuckled, "Have you ever read Romeo and Juliet?"

"Uh, well I...I may just only know it's a tragic love story," Marinette blushed an embarrassed expression.

"Well let me enlighten you on Shakespeare's work," Luka says.

"Thanks, Luka your the best," Marinette sighed as she looked over the script.

"That's what best friends are for," Luka smiled as he leaned over to shrugged her.

"But do you have a plan for me to not kiss him though?" Marinette asked.

Luka bit his lip as he looked at her, "Nope, unless you want to kiss me?"

Marinette nodded her head as she chuckled, " I mean a real answer."

Luka sighed disappointedly by her response as he looks at the sky for an idea, "You can say your sick?"

"I can't disappoint the class," Marinette sighed as she realizes she shouldn't be disappointing the class because of a kiss.

Luka smiled towards her as he thought about why he liked her for always about caring for others, "Then let's work on your lines now and later work on your peace treaty with Adrien."

"Why can't just Romeo and Juliet hate each other like their families," Marinette groaned.

"Then the story wouldn't be Romeo and Juliet," Luka chuckled, "It's actually a very beautiful story. So quit acting like the families that wanted Juliet and Romeo to separate and let me teach you the story so you can bring justice in the role of being Juliet."

No worries no Lukanette but he gonna play an important role for our Adrinette to happen.