ACT ONE, EPISODE ONE: THE OUTLANDER THAT CAUGHT THE WIND

"Okay, let Paimon see if she's got this right

"Okay, let Paimon see if she's got this right."

A month. It had been a month since The Child had escaped the confines of their prison, and since then, their travels had been joined by the creature they had saved from the river; said creature soon revealing to them that they were actually a child like themself as well, and they went by the name of 'Paimon' with she/her pronouns. The Child had nodded along with Paimon's explanation, of course, and then proceeded on with their day despite knowing full well that they had absolutely no idea what this 'gender' Paimon spoke of was.

"You ... were raised in an ... arena of some sorts, along with a bunch of other kids, who you were forced to fight until you finally managed to somehow escape?"

The Child nodded. "Y ... es ..."

One of the advantages of having Paimon as a travel companion was the fact that she was very willing to teach The Child how to speak proper Teyvat in order to make communication between the two of them easier. Admittedly, The Child was having some trouble understanding certain words and how to pronounce them, but Paimon still felt proud and reassured them that it was progress no matter how slow they were learning.

"I was ... alone. Then ... found Paimon, and ... not alone ... anymore ..." The Child stated, turning to Paimon as they spoke.

"Oh, yeah, Paimon really owes you for that one. If you hadn't been by the river that day, Paimon would have likely drowned!" the floating girl confessed, scratching her temple in an embarrassed manner.

The Child only hummed, nodding in agreement to Paimon's words before staring out into the sea, remaining silent as they almost always did.

Paimon went silent as well, looking to stare not at the sea, but the stoic child that sat next to her. She didn't know a lot about them yet, nor did she know what they went through in the arena they had been supposedly raised in since birth. All she knew for now were four things:

1. The Child had no idea what a birthday was, so they of course didn't really know much about aging, meaning that they also had no clue about how old they were (Paimon, however, suspected them to be around 9-12 years old based on their height, but she couldn't be too sure considering the child was a different species from anything or anyone she's ever seen).

2. Gender was a concept The Child had never been taught.

3. The Child was wary of almost anything that moved; always wanting to terminate any possible 'threats' before they could cause some type of harm. It was good to be able to protect yourself in a fantastical world like Teyvat, but sometimes the child could get a little ... carried away.

4. And last, but most certainly not least: The Child did not have a name, only a title that they were often called during their battles in the arena: The Blood Child.

Paimon could remember very clearly her reaction to The Child's words: something in a mix of panic, fear, and overall concern. But, still, she made sure not to freak out too much, and had simply told The Child that she would maybe prefer to just call them 'Child' or whatever other nickname she would eventually decide upon on their way.