EPISODE TWO: THE CITY OF FREEDOM

The brunette woman in red attire landed graciously on the ground with a sort of professional ease

The brunette woman in red attire landed graciously on the ground with a sort of professional ease. However, this act was not what had drawn The Child's attention to this new stranger. Oh, no; what attracted them most was the red ribbon atop her head. But, that couldn't have been an actual ribbon, could it? It looked too much like a pair of rabbit ears, The Child thought.

"May the Anemo God protect you, stranger!" the brunette began, rising back up to her full height as she began to turn around, a fist over her heart.

"I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favo ... nius ..."

Amber stared at The Child. The Child stared back.

"Um ..." The brunette, Amber, blinked a few times and them shook her head, clearly trying to regain whatever thoughts she had. "Forgive me if this sounds offensive, but ..."

Slowly, but surely, Amber kneeled down to be at The Child's eye level, her brows furrowed in confusion as she looked the smaller person up and down, her eyes remaining on their hooves for a bit longer than they probably should have.

"... what are you?"

"Hey! You can't talk to them like that!" Paimon suddenly snapped from above, flying in between Amber and The Child with her arms held out to her sides.

Amber blinked profusely, quickly backing away from the traveling duo before bringing herself back up to stand on her feet. "Oh, ahh ..." The brunette cleared her throat into her fist, taking a moment to awkwardly look away from The Child's unmoving stare. "I'm sorry. That probably isn't something that I should say as a knight," she told, shaking her head once again to reclaim her focus.

"I give you my apologies, uh ..." Amber's eyes seemed to flicker back to The Child's hooves, "... strange, yet ... respectable travelers."

Paimon huffed and placed her hands upon her hips before looking off to the side and sticking her nose up into the air. "That's more like it," the fairy-like girl said, sounding satisfied.

And then, a very loud sneeze sounded about the area, the sound being loud enough to make both Paimon and Amber snap their eyes over to the sneeze's source—only to see The Child staring back up at them, their piglin nose twitching.

A moment of silence passed.

But then, finally, Amber decided to try speaking up once more.

"... Anyway ... You two don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!" she ordered, her voice firm.

The Child huffed and shared a look with Paimon, one of their hands already hovering over the handle of their blade.

Paimon shook her head, mouthing a quick 'no' before smiling nervously and returning her attention to Amber.

"Listen, Paimon and Piglet aren't looking for any trouble—"

"'Piglet'?" Amber cut in, her brows raising slightly in amusement as she turned her gaze over to the small child that stood before her. "Is that your name?" she asked.