EPISODE FOUR: THE KNIGHTS OF FAVONIUS

"Stormterror

"Stormterror ... is attacking Mondstadt itself!" Amber exclaimed. "Kaeya, you've come at the right time. We must—"

The brunette was cut off by a short chuckle. "Hold on, Amber," the man—Kaeya—sent a small smirk The Child's way. "Are you perhaps forgetting to introduce us?" he asked.

"Oh ..." Amber blinked, taking a moment to process the captain's words, "right."

Turning to The Child and Paimon, Amber smiled and used her hand to gesture over to the blue-haired man next to her. "This is Kaeya, our Cavalry Captain," she told before turning her attention over to the Calvary Captain himself, this time using her other hand to gesture over to the traveling pair. "Kaeya, these two are travelers from afar, Paimon and ... er ..." Amber seemed hesitant, looking over to The Child unsurely, which in turn earned her a confused look from the small warrior, whose pig-like nose began to twitch.

Kaeya, who had noticed the small action, felt his lips perk up into a smirk out of amusement, and maybe the slightest bit of curiosity.

"Piglet is still yet to choose a name for themself," Paimon explained, using the lack of a crown on The Child's head to rest her arms atop their messy locks of [hair color] hair. "You can just call them 'Piglet' for now."

Kaeya's amused smirk grew, and he hummed. "Piglet, huh?" He chuckled. So they're travelers from afar, and apparently the kid doesn't even have an actual name? Interesting ...

"Long story short," Amber began to speak again, "I found them both walking along the edge of the Whispering Woods outside of Mondstadt. They, uh ..." Amber thought back to the moment where she saw The Child emerge from some bushes and decapitate a hilichurl without any hesitation or fear; back to the moment where she ignored the way she felt over the fact that a child so small could use a blade so well. "Helped me clear out a hilichurl camp, and not long after that, I brought them here."

"Hm ..." Kaeya stared at Amber for a moment, having taken notice of the hesitant tone that had overtaken her words. "I see." Deciding to ask the Outrider about it later, Kaeya directed his attention over the thr traveling duo and smiled to them, to which The Child instantly narrowed their eyes at.

Fake.

"Welcome to Mondstadt—though you haven't arrived at the best of times, I'm afraid." Kaeya glanced up at the dark clouds that had casted their shadows over the city he protected from above. "First and foremost, on behalf of the Knights of Favonius, I would like to extend our thanks to you for your help just now—even if you didn't actually get to do much in the end. Ah, but it's the thought that counts, right?"

The Child remained silent, staring up at Kaeya for but a couple of seconds before suddenly holding their hand out to him. "Reward. Give."

Kaeya blinked, surprised, and both Amber and Paimon looked to The Child in horror.