Chapter 14

We each landed on top of the train, thankfully without falling off the steep edge. We got inside of one of the cars and saw different weaponry and ammunition around us. All the weapons looked like they were going to be powered by the small stone my father was studying and matched the description Steve gave me from his first mission.

We cautiously walked through the car, our backs all towards each other with Steve leading in his direction. Steve stepped onto the second car and the doors shut behind him leaving me and Bucky still in the first one. A heavily armored man with two large guns, with what looked like plasmic blasters, entered through the opposite door.

Bucky and I both began shooting and attempting to keep coverage behind the containers of weapons. I noticed Bucky ran out of ammo as we both settled behind cover. I tossed him a gun and he was hesitant to bring himself out of cover. The door behind us opened and Steve was in the doorway, he nodded towards Bucky and Bucky nodded back.

Quickly Steve brought up his shield and ran forward. He pushed a container forward sending it flying towards the other man, the man ducked his head but as soon as he stood again Bucky shot him.

I walked towards the guys. "I had him on the ropes." Bucky insisted.

"I know." I smiled.

Suddenly a man came through the door Steve previously walked through. Steve brought up his shelf before the man shot us with the powerful force of energy.

The three of us went flying back as the wall to the train car burst open. I flew back the farthest but thankfully Bucky caught my hand and held onto the rail on the wall. We dangled in fear as Steve brought himself to his feet.

"Hang on I'm coming!" Steve shouted as he inched his way out.

The rail we were on shook and fell slightly more. "Steve it's too dangerous!" I yelled back. "Tell my father his experiment was a success!"

"No, you're not dying!"

"Steve I don't think I can-" before Bucky could finish his sentence the rail broke sending both of us plummeting down.

"NO!" I heard Steve yell out as we fell.

Bucky kept a tight hold of my hand. He pulled me closer to him and wrapped around me. "What are you doing?!" I shouted.

"I can still save you. I'll take the impact!" He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight as we hit the ground.