15. Eyelash

~ Y/N's POV ~

"Background check?" I say in a low whisper, completely stunned by the sudden revelation.

Oh God, the Daniel situation. That will not go over well in Korea.

"What is it? What will we find?" Jungkook questions me seriously.

My hoe-ish past isn't even my biggest worry right now. My biggest failure in life is... It's not like I caused it, but still. It's out there, public news. Anyone can trace it back to me, it doesn't take a genius. They'll definitely find it within 30 minutes of looking...

"I think there needs to be a change of plans. I need to go with you and speak to PD directly." I stare Kookie in the eyes widely, fearful of the sudden turn of events, unsure if I'll come to regret this decision.

I can't believe I'm going to do this but it's the only way to avoid this shit show. 

"I don't understand. What could be so dire that you have to meet with PD himself?" Jungkook questions, his eyes barely open slits, glaring at me suspiciously.

"I need to explain myself in person. It's the right thing to do... And then I need to plead with him. On my knees." I say seriously.

"We should go back to the others then and get their opinions. If it's something that important then I'll support you 100%." Kookie suggests reluctantly.

"Yeah, it is. I will explain it all at once to everyone with PD present. I think that's the best way to handle it. I don't want y'all to potentially get in trouble for my past. So yes, I do need your support on this. It doesn't just involve me alone, unfortunately. If it did, I wouldn't care but this is... a sticky situation."

"Shall we go then?" Jungkook gestures to the door behind us and allows me to go first releasing my hand.

"Thanks." I pause and wait for him to lead me out again. "I'm really sorry to need to hold an emergency meeting while we were having our practice session. I promise I'll make it up to you." I say while walking by his side.

"No, I totally understand. If we need to handle this before everything else then what can be done? I have to say though, it's amazing that we keep encountering obstacle after obstacle and it's only been 48 hours. I mean, for me especially these obstacles are getting to be a bit much, Y/N." Kookie playfully nudges me while we're walking and cracks a taunting grin.

"Jinjja, sesange," I groan out overdramatically. "That's not fair, don't make me feel worse!" I pout slightly feeling genuinely bad for not immediately returning his feelings.

"I'm kidding obviously. I just thought I'd try a guilt trip and see if that changed your feelings for me." he snickers and grabs a hold of my hand.

"Wow, you have no shame either!" I quickly remove my hand from his grasp and shake my head at him while laughing.

"Either? What do you mean?" he looks over at me confusedly.

"It's nothing. Y'all are just full of silly surprises." I hold open the first door we came in through for him to pass and he purses his lips in response.

"Give me the door, woman." He grabs the door from my hold and gently yet firmly pushes me through. "Palli, we don't have time." 

"Yah! Was that necessary!" I scowl at him and dust imaginary particles off of myself overdramatically. "If you had said 'after you,' I would have gone first," I mutter with a bruised ego from being forced to let him hold my door.

"Don't lie. You would have fought me for minutes. We don't have that kind of time now that we have to re-think of another plan," 

"Maja. I'm being stubborn, aren't I? I'm sorry. I really do feel bad about us though. I meant what I said. I'll try to open up the friend zone. I'll build a window in the wall or something? Idk I want to prove I'm being serious about our connection but I guess I'll just have to demonstrate it, huh?" I stop right before the opening to the lobby where the natural light meets the office lighting, where we're still hidden from sight from the others.