20. Kisseu

~ Y/N's POV ~

The elevator doors open and the others begin walking out leaving Joon and me behind in the elevator. They turn back to look at us...

"We'll be right out, give us a sec!" I quickly call out and push the 'door close' button.

As soon as the door shuts I look up at Joon, his eyes now back to their dark pools of brown stare into mine evidently still experiencing muddled emotions.

"What happened?" I ask him confusedly.

His eyes narrow... "You didn't see any of that?" 

"No, I kept waiting for my vision to subside and show the premonition but nothing ever happened. What did you see?" I notice his tense stance and eyebrows furrowing. He's contemplating whether to tell me or not... "I can keep a secret if it's a sensitive topic?" I offer gently.

"Well it is a sensitive subject but I wonder why it didn't show you. It was in your office at your condo, you walked in on him" he muses.

"Oh. It's because I lived it then! Is it Jin talking on the phone?" 

"Yes... But also, no? He lied to you. He was talking to your desk. Literally having a full-on conversation with your desk as if someone was sitting in the chair."

My eyebrows knit together as I ponder what reason Jin could have for lying... "Why would he do that? Does it mean anything to you?" I ask Joon.

"Yes. But it's something we should discuss altogether. I'm also not sure if Jin would want you to know." 

"Ahh." I grab Joon's hand and play with his fingers while speaking. "It doesn't bother me to be out of the loop for a while as long as I'm let in eventually. If the time isn't right then that's okay! If something is going to affect me though, I do ask that an effort be made in that instance. That's all." I pause and look up at him, trying to be as supportive as I can. "Maybe discuss it with Tae and Jimin? I told them about how he was acting earlier and they shared a 'knowing' look and also told me they'd talk about it with me later. You should ask their opinion!"

He nods and smiles gently... He languidly brings his free hand up to cup my cheek. "You're an angel. And I'll work hard to deserve your love. I promise." 

"Who said I love you?" I grin mischievously. 

"We've seen the same future, ma'am! Was that a fake rune?" he replies defensively, trying to save face.

I giggle and kiss the inside of the palm of his hand that's gently rubbing my cheek with his fingertips.

"You're not gonna scare me away, you know? You say things in a joking way but I think you're still holding onto that emotional wall. I know... it's only been 2 days but despite that, I feel like we've made heaps of progress so I want you to know that you're not going to be able to push me away. I'm going to keep showing you affection even after you grow to love me. You'll have to get used to being loved on. I'm sure you've seen how touchy we can all be, right?" 

I nod and wrap my arms around his waist, hugging him tightly. 
"Yes of course. I really was just being a shithead. I know I'll love you in the future. I'm sure of that too. We'll just have to be patient and enjoy the road to reaching it, right? No rush??" I question him as he wraps his oversized arms around my lower back. 

"I'm not rushing. I'm just... nudging you in the right direction. I don't want you to let your walls down for the others but keep the wall with me because I can be intimidating. I know I'm difficult sometimes."

"Who said you're intimidating??" I chuckle at his misconception. "You make me feel very comfortable. We may not agree on everything but that's the fun of relationships. We get to learn from each other's perspectives. Just because you can be opinionated doesn't mean you come off as intimidating. You're very approachable once people get past your beauty."