Chapter #1

"Bang"
I awoke with a start and looked around my bedroom i climbed out of the big bed and pulled open my blinds my little feet pattering silently along the wooden floor.

I lifted the blinds and watched in horror my large almond eyes widened with horror the place I called home was burning and other residents were running and screaming carrying their children.

"KIZZY" I heard my father shout as he ran up the stairs he bursted into my room with a look of pure fear something my father never had. His red skin lighting up in the orange glow of the fires.

The sound of gunfire sounded and I screamed ducking into my fathers body. I had just turned five.

"Kizzy baby, I need you to pack a bag of clothes and things"

"Why daddy?" I said my lip quivering. He put his hand on my cheek.

"Your just leaving for a little while baby you'll be back with us soon I promise"

I nodded tears rolling down my face as I grabbed a bag and filled it with my clothes and things I would need. I then grabbed my red bunny who was tattered as it was my mother's when she was little the red fur had now faded into a more pink colour.

I walked downstairs as I saw my parents rushing around the room. My mother stopped when she saw me. I had always looked up to her her soft blue skin and purple eyes. She was beautiful.

"Kizzy baby have you got all your things?" She asked her voice angelic.

I was suddenly shaken awake my eyes shot open I looked around to see my best friend Skye looking over me in concern my eyes looked around in panic.

"You alright kizzy you having the nightmares again?"  Skye asked me looking me up and down Skye knew about everything I didn't tell her she accidentally walked in when I was not in disguise. She called me Alice when we were around others but Kizzy when we were alone.

My hand reached down for the heart locket that laid around my neck my name 'Kizzy' was engraved in cursive writing on the front inside was a picture of my parents on the other side was the most recent picture of us it was us three on my fifth birthday.

I was holding my bunny which I still had with me and we were all so happy.

"Yeah there coming back more frequent now I don't get a night free without the memories returning"

"Maybe you should see a doctor maybe they can give you something?" She said her eyebrows scrunched in concern.

"How do you suggest we find the money for it Skye" I said with a sigh

She huffed and turned back around while I thought of my usual human disguise and felt myself changing. Skye looked at me and smiled.

"Human once again"

"When am I ever human Skye I'm still learning and I've been here years"

"Hmm I suppose your right I have to get to work and your on breakfast duty" she smiled and I groaned before placing my black hair in a ponytail and left the van me and Skye shared.

I walked down the street to the sandwich shop me and Skye usually went to.

"Morning Emma" I said joyfully

"Morning Alice the usual I assume?" The older woman smiled at me.

"Please" I smiled and she winked walking back into the kitchen.

I was waiting for only ten minutes before Emma came back out with a bag both of mine and skyes breakfast inside.

I paid Emma and grabbed the bag leaving the store. Walking back to the van once inside Skye happily grabbed the bag and smiled.

"Emma makes the best sandwiches" she said happily opening her bacon sandwich and taking a bite. I laughed and grabbed my sausage one and we both ate in silence.

Hours later Skye had left into town for some work and while I did some more work I didn't work for the rising tide I just helped out Skye since I did not know much about computers.

I heard an explosion in the distance but because of my hearing it sounded right outside the van. I jumped out and looked around in the distance I saw a burning building. I tried to call Skye but she wouldn't pick up.

I paced back and forth until I saw Skye enter the van.

"Where the hell have you been!" I said stressed slapping her shoulder

"Sorry kiz I was filming the explosion there was a guy with powers the hooded hero I found him in a cafe and spoke to him"

"You found him more like stalked him" I smiled

"Same thing oh wait till this gets out shield will be so pissed" she laughed

"Shield?" I asked confused and Skye turned to me

"There government men in black suits they hate people who have powers or different to normal humans they lock them up and kill them they keep it all a secret though"

"Your kidding right?" I asked fear coursing through my body.

"No but that's one reason I joined the rising tide to protect you and keep you safe kiz" she said hugging me as a tear fell down my face

"Thanks Skye if I hadn't of found you I don't know where I would be now"

"Probably with shield?" She laughed and I slapped her but also joined in the laughter. 

Then the door slammed open and me and Skye were both grabbed and had a bag placed over our heads we were dragged into a car.

Soon we were forced into a chair and the bags on our head was pulled off and I looked around we were sat on a grey honeycomb room that had no windows and just a metal table in the middle that me and Skye were sat at.

I looked up at the two men one was younger with dark hair he was also tall and the other a lot older with grey hair and a small smile on his face.

I looked at Skye and we shared one thought

"Oh shit"