two

"I'M SORRY Y/N!"

Eh?

"I've got something really important to do today so can you please take care of my part as well!" Takebaya Rin, your classmate bowed forward with her hands clasped together while begging for the favour.

You and Rin were paired up together today and were assigned to clean up class after school. It was supposed to be a job for the two of you, but she was backing out.

You opened your mouth to say something but you were immediately interrupted by her. "Please!"

She looked at you, her eyes sparkling and there was just no way you could say no to her when she had that face.

Now that you think about it, maybe you should of at least tried to convince her to stay. Considering how much work had to be done, it was already going to take a lot of time for two people to clean up, but now it was just you; meaning you have double to amount of work to do.

You let out sigh as you stopped yourself from cleaning the chalk board. It's been around half an hour and you've barely done anything. So you knew you were going to stay for at least another hour and a half, and by then it would already be dark. You just wanted to go home already.

Leaning against the board, your eyes trailed outside and noticed how the sky was now a nice shade of orange and yellow blended in together, forming a beautiful sunset.

For some strange reason, the view was able to motivated you to continue your duty. You quickly shook your head, shaking out all your negative thoughts before you continued what you were doing earlier, wanting to quickly finish everything.

"L/N?"

However that motivation didn't last long, until you heard that voice, a very familiar one. Your body immediately froze at the sound of the voice calling you out as you felt a familiar spark in your heart.

You took a gulp, slowly turning your head around, now looking into the direction of where the voice came from and your eyes immediately widened.

"Matsuno-san?!" You gasped. You don't know why your body acted so surprised to see him, even though you knew it was him from that was there from the very moment you heard his voice. Only he had a voice like that; one that you could go on listening to for hours and never get bored of.

But you still couldn't help but feel the pace of your heart quickly increase as you saw the blonde standing by the entrance of the classroom with his bag draped over his shoulder. He still looks cool even if he's just standing still.

"Why are you here?" You questioned, your heart thumping very loudly against your chest. You thought he went home earlier, well more like you witnessed him leave the gates so you didnt expect him to be there.

It wasn't as if you were stalking him or anything, it was purely a coincidence. Your eyes just happened to spot him from the corner of it like it always did when it came to this boy.

"I came back because I left something in the classroom." He spoke up. His eyes scanned across the room and he noticed how the other female you were supposed to be with was nowhere to be seen. "Is Takebaya not here with you?"

"Yeah." You started, slowly trying to slow down your heart rate, "She said she had a important event going on today so she had to leave."

"So its just you on duty?" He asked, which you nodded in response.

He looked at you, his gaze making your heart start thumping loudly once again, making all your hard effort from earlier go down the drain. You flinch the moment he moved his legs and walked inside the classroom. Silly Y/N, obviously not towards you, but instead to his desk. He dropped his bag on the table as he stood there for a second, thinking about something.