nine

THE SUN WAS SHINING HIGH IN THE SKY, dominating over everything else like it always did. It was the weekend and as usual, the town was filled with people, after all the weekend is a time for students like you to be free from the suffering of school and enjoy your time.

You stood underneath a tree located in a small park, hiding in its shade shielding you from the intense rays of the sun. You pulled out your flip phone as you looked at the time before you let out a disappointed sigh.

"She's late."

You and Sayu had agreed on spending time with each other this weekend. It's been a while since you guys have spent time together outside of school and she wanted to go to a new cafe that opened up in town the other day.

Your eyes trailed up to gaze at the bright sky, watching the birds happily chirp through the air as you could feel yourself getting slightly impatient waiting for your friend. Feeling boredom slowly take over, you decide to scan the surroundings to see if there is anything around that could entertain you in the meantime.

The park was the same as always, it had nothing out of the ordinary. Just the normals; the parents supervising their children as they run around screaming their heads off, while some people were sitting down on the benches, listening to music or reading books. There were also other people standing still in their spot as they blankly stared at their phone, most likely meeting up with someone, just like what you were doing. Kinda boring aye?

That was until you noticed another figure walking into your vision.

You immediately froze. Your heart skipped a beat as you saw those familiar blonde locks from far away in the distance. Out of instinct, you quickly turned your body around, making sure the other person could not see your face. You raised your hands to your cheeks before pinching them just to make sure it wasn't a dream, and it sure wasn't.

Why is Chifuyu here?

Your heart rate increased as memories from the other day instantly flashed back into your mind. Both your hands were placed against your chest, feeling heat rise to your cheeks as you remembered how you almost accidentally confessed your feelings to him.

It's been around 2 days since then and you still haven't been able to properly face him after that small incident. You quickly pressed your lips into a line as another emotion quickly overtook your body. Your arms fell back to your side as your words from the other day echoed in your head.

"Please consider her feelings!"

"I will."

You closed your eyes as you let out a hollow laugh. Surely he was just saying that to be nice in front of you right? No way he will actually do it,,, right?

"Chifuyu!"

Your eyes widened at the sound of a very familiar voice. You slowly turned your head around as your eyes were met with a familiar face on the other side of the park.

Rin...?

You watched as she ran up to Chifuyu with a shy smile over her face, coated with a light bush on her cheeks while Chifuyu smiled at her.

Why were they together?

Your hands formed into a small ball as your brows furrowed, feeling your pulse increase as you had so many emotions running through your body right now. You were so confused right now. Why were they together? And that's when you realised.