Prologue

written: 10.10.21-11.04.21

Once upon a time...

SO THIS IS LOVE

Cinderelliot
You're as lovely as your name
Cinderelliot
You're a sunset in a frame

Though you're dressed in rags,
You wear an air of royal grace
Anyone can see a throne would be your proper place

Cinderelliot
If you'll give your heart a chance,
It will lead you to the kingdom of romance
There you'll see your dreams unfold

Cinderelliot
Cinderelliot
The sweetest story ever told

In a faraway land, there was a tiny kingdom. Peaceful, prosperous, and rich in romance and tradition.

Here, in a stately little château, there lived a widowed gentleman and his little boy, Elliot. Although he was a kind and devoted father and gave his beloved child every luxury and comfort, still, he felt he needed a mother's care. And so, he married again, choosing for his second wife a woman of good family with two sons just Elliot's age. By name, André and Dominique.

It was upon the untimely death of this good man, however, that the stepmother's true nature was revealed. Cold, cruel, and bitterly jealous of Elliot's charm and beauty, she was grimly determined to forward the interests of his own two awkward sons. Thus, as time went by, the château fell into despair, for the family fortunes were squandered upon the vein and selfish stepbrothers, while Elliot was abused, humiliated, and finally forced to become a servant in his own house, developing the humiliating name of Cinderelliot.

And yet, through it all, Elliot remained ever gentle and kind, for with each dawn, he found new hope that someday his dreams of happiness would come true.