part 18

***

A few weeks later

***

You and Jungyeon were sitting at the stands in the gymnasium, watching the boys practice for the Basketball tournament. You were worried about your man who had recently fallen sick due to the cold weather and on it, he went to do some work in the rain which made him more sick. With the fever and fatigue holding onto him, his game has gotten loose.

Your school had smoothly defeated all the schools till quarter-finals but the opponent at the semi-finals was quite difficult to win over but your school's team achieved the triumph in the end. Now they are aiming for the trophy but the school they are playing against in the finals have a reputation for being rough and tough on their opponents. This is why non-stop practice is going on. Taehyung is too serious about the practicing discipline of his own plus the team. The team never complains because they know this is what's going to take to win this tournament.

The two of you could only care about Taehyung sitting there but Jaehyun who was in the team with him, practicing on the court, was also taking care of him every time weakness struck Taehyung, making him stumble.

"Kim Taehyung!" The coach called out loud after Taehyung suddenly let loose of the ball just as he was going to make a basket. He fell on his knees being helpless of his weak health.

"Yah! Taehyung. You should take a break and sit for a while. Catch a breath. You look like you are dying" Jaehyun sits on his knees before Taehyung and rests his hand on one of Taehyung's shoulders.

"No, I am fine. I'll just drink another can of energy drink" Taehyung does not give up.

"How are you going to play in this condition, Taehyung?" The coach approaches him and asks out of care. "I feel like you should rest for a day and come back the day after tomorrow feeling better," the coach suggests.

"No! One day of not practicing means slacking off and being left behind" Taehyung instantly denies.

"Give up being stubborn, Jackass" Jaehyun speaks after realizing Taehyung's body temperature has risen even more today.

"Jeong Jaehyun, language" the coach speaks, throwing a strict look at him.

"Sorry, coach" he immediately apologizes.

"The game is in 3 days and we haven't even made a strong strategy yet. Being this behind, it's never going to get us that trophy and in this situation, there is no way I can skip practice for even one day as a leader" Taehyung speaks after thinking practically.

"That's all true but at its place. Your health is more important" the coach speaks and everyone around gathers. "I feel like as long as you have players like them in your team, you don't have to worry. They all have the experience and training. Plus, this year we have a player like Jaehyun joining us. We all have seen him play. He truly takes half of your load away while in the game. You don't have much to worry about. You can establish the strategy resting at home" he continues.

"I have a condition if y'all want me to rest" Taehyung stands up with some serious and unchangeable intentions.

"Everything will happen according to you. We all are going to go with anything you plan for the game" Jaehyun nods at Taehyung, assuring him.

"He is right, Taehyung," the coach agrees.

"Alright then. I want Jaehyun to be the leader for this game. I want him to lead this team for the finals. I know he has extreme potential for it and I am sure he already has a strategy ready for the game. He keeps discussing stuff with me everyday and listening to all that, I believe in him for our team's victory" Taehyung speaks out confidently without stuttering or having any intentions of changing a single thing he just said.