18 - Years

Triggers: Swearing, your gonna get angry at characters...

__________________________

Tru's POV 

New Year's Eve, December 31, 8:58 p.m.

"Tru! Hand me the streamers!" Soda yelled from the ladder, above me. We were decorating for the late New Years party. Guests all came at 9:30 p.m. 

Apparently, after we told the gang we were gonna have a party, they were more thrilled than we anticipated, and started inviting even more people. Curly and Tim Shepard, and some more outfits.

I gave Soda some more streamers, and started setting up folding chairs in the living room. Darry was in the kitchen making appetizers for everyone, while Steve was also in there, stealing a cookie here and there until the twenty year old would catch him.

"Boy, Oh, Boy, this is goin' to be the best party of the year!" Two-Bit yelled, walking through the front door. Dallas and Johnny were walking in from behind him.

"I'll say!" Soda yelled back, puffing out his chest in pride.

"There ain't gonna be no party if y'all stop working and keep talking!" Darry shouted at us from the kitchen. A few moments later we heard a slap and an 'ow' from the kitchen, and Steve came out with disappointment on face, rubbing the back of his hand.

We all chuckled.

"Where's Pony?" Soda asked, still hanging up the streamers.

Two grinned. "We sent him to get snacks at the store. He should be back in a few minutes."

"Hey, Johnny?" I say after a while. He looked over at me. "Help me with the chairs will ya?" He smiled, walking over to me, and grabbed a folding chair.

The door bell rang.

"I'll get it." Dallas said, getting up from the couch. He was closest to the door anyway. When he opened it, I heard a very familiar voice I could spot anywhere.

"I-I-Is this Tru Tru's house?"

Dallas turned his head towards me, then back at the boy. "Sorry. No 'Make-A-Wish' kids allowed." He said bluntly, before closing the door and sitting back down on the couch. All of us just looked at him, eyes wide.

"Dallas!" I scolded, making my way towards the door. I opened it back up and found Jason Wells sitting on the door step, alone. He was just calmly watching cars go up and down the street. I furrowed my eyebrows with pity. "Sorry- Dallas didn't mean that." I say, trying to get him to come inside.

He looked up at me and smiled before getting up on his feet. "Hey- Hey!" He greets, giving me a hug. "It's fine! I'm I'm a little bit early anyway." 

"Early is perfect." I told him, giving him a smile. 

Just right then, he slapped the side of my arm. "Ow- what the fuck-?"

"S-Sorry!" Jason apologized, as I looked at him strangely. He started to explain. "My muscle m-movements have have acting up a lot lot, lately."

"Ohhh." I nodded, like I should have known. The fifteen year old boy gave me a weak smile.

"Here." I say, trying to raise the mood. "To make it up to ya, I'll introduce you to my friends."

When we walked back in the house, Jason examined around the living room, admiring the decorations for the New Years Party. 

"Everyone," I start loudly, so the gang could hear. "This is my friend, Jason. He goes to our school."