Sad imagine ft. Heeseung and Jake pt.2

"Mom, is dad dying?" A question where the answer is something you can never change

"Mom, is dad dying?" A question where the answer is something you can never change. He was only 8, how could you possibly answer him. "Dads gonna leave for a while ok?" "SO DAD IS DYING!" Your child shouted at you. "I ALWAYS HERE YOU CRY EVERY NIGHT BUT YOU NEVER TELL ME WHY! I might be a kid mom but I'm smart enough to know when my dads dying" you were shocked with how smart he connected the dots despite keeping it all secret.

Weeks go by with the doctors trying their best but it was no use. Every day you talk to him trying to keep his spirits up but no matter what happened you couldn't change reality. Every time you look into his eyes you felt like crying that the thought you'd never see them again hurt more than anything. No more eating ramyeon at 3am, no more night drives while listening to him sing, no more dancing in the kitchen while your son sleeps, and of course, no more Heeseung to stay with you.

His last day finally came and his condition wasn't good, he was pale, weak, and sluggish. A sight that hurts for you to see. He only had a few minutes left and he had a message for you. "I love you so much, I'm sorry I'm leaving you, I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to raise our son. I'm sorry I'm leaving you all alone when I promised I'd stay with you forever. Which is why, if someone out there makes you happy again, someone who makes you laugh, someone who always makes you smile, and someone who can accept you and our son... then please, go to him." You widened your eyes in shock as tears streamed down your face

"this is my last wish so please, I don't want you to be sad when I'm gone. If someone like me comes along, be with him ok? I'll always be watching over you and our son." The machine started beeping and doctors started pushing me aside to try and save him "I love you don't ever forget that! I love you forever and ever" the doctors pushed me away until I was out of the room.

The doctor shook his head no and that's when my world turned black and white. He's gone... I hugged our son as he was the only one left of him. Cupping his face as he looked at me worriedly, I saw Heeseung's eyes in him. I broke down on my knees looking at our son. He's all I have left of him. "Is dad gone?" I hugged my son nodding my head. I'll miss you Lee Heeseung, you'll always be my love

Few years go by without Heeseung and your son is now 11 years old

Few years go by without Heeseung and your son is now 11 years old. 4 years since then and it took you 3 years until you could start becoming normal. Going to work without much motivation was tough. Your son excelled in school so that wasn't a burden, but he always had trouble with Math *chuckle* like his dad.

Walking home late at night after a long day of work was something I usually did when my co workers called in 'sick'. Creepy guys looking at you up and down always sent shivers down my spine. After buying some ramyeon from the store you held it tightly in your hands recalling him. Tears falling down, you bent to the ground crying silently.

"Miss are you alright? It's not safe for you to walk alone this late" looking up to see a gentle boy looking at me with worry. After apologizing he offered to walk you home. "My name is Jake how about you?" You introduced yourself and chatted on the way home. You told him your story with Hee and that you had a son back home and what happened.

Walking you back after enjoying each others company, you guys exchanged numbers hoping to hangout again.

Days go by with the usual routine. From time to time Jake offered to hangout. Just like anyone it was always awkward. "Do you need something?" or "we can go where you want" those little phrases were always said between you two.

Introducing your son to him he was against him since he thought you were replacing his dad. Apologizing for his rudeness towards Jake you would try talking to him but Jake would always try to talk to him instead. Slowly you watched your son start to warm up to Jake. Jake playing with him with his toys, watching his tv shows with him, playing around in the park watching them run together. He reminded you so much of Heeseung.

Months go by and what was once strangers are now lovers. You felt it was wrong but you remembered Hee's last wish. He accepted you and your son together with your past easily. He comforted you in the nights you'd break down.

Years pass and it was now marriage... it was harder than last time. Getting ready back stage, preparing your vows, it was hard for you to experience. Looking yourself in front of the mirror in your gown, you teared up recalling the first time you did this with Hee.

Walking down the aisle felt like a panic attack was coming. You held your breathe in and walked up to Jake who had the biggest smile on his face. You faced your son who gave you a reassuring nod. He was 16 now and he fully accepted Jake, not as a dad but as a family member. As you approached Jake, you saw Heeseung instead of him. You stopped walking but you knew you were just hallucinating. You saw Heeseung as the groom giving you a reassuring nod and a smile. Blinking again it was Jake now. You knew he was happy you found someone to make you smile again. A tear trickled down your face happy to know he's watching over you.

Sealing the marriage with a kiss just like before. Normal wedding stuff followed until you reached home. You fell asleep beside Jake happy again you have someone with you.

You still love Heeseung and if he was alive right now, you wouldn't fall in love with Jake, but he's not. You love Heeseung with all your heart but at some point you had to continue every day without wanting to cry and Jake was the person who would help you with that. You were annoyed your son looked like his dad, even his personality but now, you're glad because now you could see Heeseung in him. Especially his eyes and smile. Those were the features he got the best.

"Heeseung you'll always, always, have a place in my heart and make sure to continue looking after us"

"Jake, thank you for sticking with me even at my worst. Thank you for accepting me, thank you for everything"

"I love you guys..."