𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐮𝐱

Song recommend for this chapter: 'Class of 2013' by Mitski

TW: intense anxiety and light self harm 

❀❀❀

As the time raced past my well-being without warning, I pulled my small clock out of my satchel and saw that the morning's meal was almost time. So I closed my book before putting it away and grabbed my belongings.

As I was beginning to walk back to the palace I briskly turned my direction to wave a 'goodbye' to Clarence. I wasn't very fond of meals in the morning, not necessarily that they were distasteful, I just didn't have a desire for it. Unfortunately, it was still mandatory to attend the period with everyone.

I continued my path throughout the lavish area, and hurried up along the staircase on the right that led to the Dining Hall and kitchens.

The Breakfast bell had soon rung as I walked into the substantially enormous hall and took my seat upon the tufted purple velvet chair according to my specific house seating, while more students began to enter. The arrangements in the Dining Hall were quite organized. Obviously every house was separated, but all 7 years were as well.

I sat down at my house's year selection, closer to the end and my eyes fell onto the sumptuous feast that lay in front me. More students were appearing as usual, conversing and taking their seats normally.

I slumped in my place and watched as the wood nymphs swarmed around the hall and played music, while waltzing with each other joyfully.

I found them rather annoying, they didn't seem to understand the concept of boundaries. I'm not one for physical touch and that was something they couldn't quite get enough of. Although some say at Beauxbatons, that poltergeists at other academies are worse than the nymphs, even though we have none here so I'm not sure how'd they know that. I was uninterested in whether it was to be true or not.

I stayed seated in my chair while the food was brought out by the chefs. There were a great variety of options but like I shared before, food early in the morning didn't appeal to me.

On the plates there lay many dishes from the plateaus the people had brought for us. At Beauxbatons we were served both, French and English food.

Croque Madame—just sweet ham and creamy cheese between toasted bread. Scrambled eggs and radishes on toast, Cruller donuts, Beignets, Breakfast puffs, which were a sort of muffin that contained cinnamon and sugar. Pain Au Chocolat—it's a very popular option here, but also really ordinary considering it's only a croissant wrapped around sweet chocolate.

Students began to eat as I remained still in my seat, staring at the empty plate that belonged to me while others enjoyed their meals and socialized with each other.

Many were chatting about new things they may have seen in the paper, others conversed about their irrelevant subjects, and includings in their lives. Everyone seemed to have been occupied to themselves and their associates around them except for me of course. I hated this. No, I absolutely loathe this. Sitting here while social hour takes circles around and makes me suffer.

All the talking and noise became a sudden blur to my senses and I zoned into a state that was familiar to me. A state where I allowed myself to not be disturbed by anything nor anyone. I continued to blankly focus on the empty plate that lay in front of me until she looked up, and in the right direction of me.

I gazed up in confusion.

Who would be calling my name...

When I found the source from where my name was coming from I stared at the few distant kids, but one in particular that smirked at me with a rather unfriendly intent.