Chapter 1: New York

New York, United States.

EMILY'S POV

Finally... Oh God, it was hell of a long journey. Now I have to look for a good Hotel to stay for some days. I don't know anything in here, I have to find and rent a place to stay or if I can I will buy it but that's least of my concern now.
So this is New York City, one of the most busiest city in the world about which I am having a bad and a funny feeling, don't know why. I sigh and move forward. Let's not waste out time.

I am standing outside the terminal of the JFK airport. I stretched a little and hailed a cab in order to find a good hotel. I asked the driver of the cab himself, if he has some place to suggest, to which he told me some hotel name "NYC Luxury Hotel" which is apparently is bit expensive. I told him to drop me their.

I entered the room I booked, it's a deluxe room. I close the door after the bellboy placed my luggages which is not much, two suitcase and one guitar which I am carrying myself. I paid him a good tips and he informed me that since I booked the deluxe room, I have the food complimentary. I smiled at him after giving him some healthy tips while he leaves.

I freshen up, ordered some salad and beer, and sat with my laptop. I called Ryan and he immediately picked up and asked me how I am doing. He is so good and perfect boss. I admire him so much and would like to become like him someday. He is my perfect idol and believe me I told him this in person and he laughed out loud. Whenever I needed any advice in anything he would help me out and I can't be thankful enough to him.
So let's get back to the point, I told him where I am staying to which he told me that it's one of his hotel. He promised me that I will get some discount on the final bill and I can stay as long as I want until I find a place to settle. He also told me to get a good rest and join on Monday. So I have 3 days with me since it's Thursday.
After talking to Ryan, I had my dinner, worked a little then put my earphones to listen to some musics. I drifted off to sleep, I have jet lag, yeah right what do you expect Emily, you travelled almost 10 hours in the plane.

As I closed my eyes, somebody's face popped up much to my much displeasure. Every night for 4 years it's a constant routine. Uuuugh! I hate it.

NEXT DAY

I am walking in the park, people call it Central Park. It has a small lake where ducks swims and the park has bench everywhere for people to sit. It's clean, beautiful and peaceful. Some people are walking taking in the scenic beauty, couples are sitting and chatting and some are having an evening walk or jog.

I am standing in the Brigde that connects the two piece of ground which is divided by the small lake. I leaned against the railing of the bridge, earphones are plugged into my ears listening to some gentle music, taking in the beautiful scenery. The gentle breeze caresses my face and hair, creating a beautiful sensation. I took some selfies and posted it on Instagram.

As I stood their looking up in the sky, as if it holds all my question's answer, thoughts invade my mind.
I miss my grandmother so much. Why did you left me grandma? In this whole world I am alone where no-one cares. Why everyone leave me? Am I that bad?
I was 12 when my parents died in a plane crash. All I had was grandmother and... Colin.

Colin left a long time ago, he didn't had time for me, but I let him go, otherwise it would have been selfish of me not to let him go. I don't know where he lives now, what is he doing, whether he is married or single or whether he even... remembers me....
Grandma died a year after Colin left Ohio and I was left all alone with nobody to talk to. I never had that much friends, some are their with whom I still have contacts though.
I and Colin was from same school, he is one year senior. We grew up together, he use to live two or three house further from grandma's. After my parents died, I came to live with grandma, she was rich, her all wealth was on my name. My mom was her only child and I am her only grandchild.