Chapter 3 - orange hearts

It was 8:27 pm when I got his text.

 Yes! Okay! This might actually work

Yes! Okay! This might actually work. I'm not counting on it, but it's worth a shot.

That night I fell asleep to the thought of my plan going just right. Bakugou and I would go to school holding hands and then Deku would immediately get jealous, dump Hatsume, and try and win me back. After that, everything would go back to normal. Midoriya and I would be together, Bakugou and I would stop pretending, and after a while I'd tell Deku about my plan and maybe we'd even laugh about it.

I can't wait to see them both on Monday. I'm hopeful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday passed by fairly quickly. The girls and I decided to go to the mall together. While Jirou, Hagakere, Yao Momo, and Tsu went to the bathroom, Mina and I stayed back and I ended up telling her about my plan.

"And Bakugou agreed to this?" She asked in disbelief.

"I mean I may have had to use my quirk on him and blackmail him a little bit, but yeah! We'll see how it goes tomorrow I guess."

She seemed really excited for this. "What did you even blackmail him with?" She asked.

I almost let his stupid secret slip, but decided against it. I can't let anything mess this up. If Bakugou found out that I told anyone, he'd probably call the deal off immediately. Instead I just told her I got a video of him embarrassing himself and Mina didn't question further.

As I saw the four other girls exit the bathroom, I pulled Mina close and asked her to please not tell anyone. Not that I think she would, I just really don't want anyone else finding out that our relationship wasn't real. It could ruin everything.

Ashido nodded with a kind smile and we spent the rest of the time at the mall shopping and Momo treated us all to smoothies!

~~~~~~~~~~

Monday morning at school, I saw Bakugou in the halls and ran up to him, saying a quick goodbye to the girls. Once I got near enough, I interlocked our fingers and smiled at him.