3. dim library lighting

louis slipped another one as i grabbed it. " for the test, I need help, u seem smart ". well, anything to show mr. partridge I was smarter than him. I nodded as he nodded back. when I was done eating I decided to work on my painting. it was a face, whose face, I'm not sure but a face, I barely just started. aria and one of our other friends, olivia played some music like the song " vincent " by don mclean started playing ( link above ).

"starry, starry night
  paint your palette blue and grey
 with eyes that now the darkness in my soul" 

the lyrics started as I sang along unknowingly.

"shadows on the hills
  sketch the trees and the daffodils
  catch the breeze and the winter chills
  in colors on the snowy, linen land"

I completely got lost in a vivid daydream as the lyrics almost ceaselessly continued.

"now, I understand what you tried to say to me
  and how you suffered for your sanity
  and how you tried to set them free
  they would not listen, they did not know-how
  perhaps they'll listen now"

" y/n that was beautiful, I didn't know you could sing that well " aria said as I was transported back to reality. " thanks aria " I said as I decided to stop painting since I had no clue who i was wanting to paint. millie came over as we all watched a movie. soon everyone fell asleep except me. i paused the movie as I looked at the clock 5 minutes to 11. should I do it ? or should I just stand him up ?

i took a deep breath as I walked to the door as quietly  as possible. " whoa there where are you off to ?" whispered millie. " I uh thought this was the door to the loo " I replied. "yeah sure u did she smirked. " going to meet someone ? " she smiled as I awkwardly replied, " its not like that ".

" sure it isn't... don't do anything I wouldn't do " she whispered as she went and slept on the couch. " you know I wont " I smiled and exited the room. 

i entered the library late at night as I saw no one. i was exactly 7 minutes late. maybe he left or maybe he stood me up. i was going to leave when a deep voice stated " I was beginning to think you weren't coming ". It sent shivers straight up my spine. " well turns out i did " i sighed. 

" shall we ? " he asked as i sat down on the table and he sat next to me. " so where to begin " he questioned wearing a deviously handsome smile. " probably at the start " i said as i bit my bottom lip flipping the pages. " so basically there was the battle hastings established the defeat of harold II and made william of Normandy the ruler of England. william was also known as william the conquorer as he was the first foreigner to rule england. " i explained as i went on talking about the whole ordeal. " did you get that ?" i asked him only to see him staring at my face. his hand reached out to move a hair from my face as i flicked it away. " were you even paying attention ? " i questioned, " you're face has all the answers i need" he smiled at me. 

" fine then suffer failing the exam tommorow don't waste my time do it yourself " i say closing the book. " alright" he got up as he smiled and took the book into his hands and started reading completely ignoring me. " what ? " i asked. " well I'm taking your advice, doing it on my own " he said not shifting his eyes from the book. " fine " i scoffed as i almost walked out. 

"wait" he said, "i'll listen". i smirked as i went back over and explained the entire chapter to him and to my surprise he payed attention. after we were done i closed the book and said " that's about it i suppose". 

"hey y/n thank you, i really don't know how i would've been able to catch up with this chapter without your assistance" he smiled as the dim library lights made his eyes shine an amber glow. " well it's no problem i guess" i answered. i was about to walk out when he said " wait maybe you could help me catch up with the other subjects ?, you can choose the time and the place this time" he said as i smiled.

" well it's currently 3 am and my brain cells cannot operate at this time so ill give you the details tomorrow" i smiled as we walked out. " maybe you aren't such a pain in the arse partridge " i told him as we arrived at my dorm. "maybe you won't be an utter killjoy winter" he replied.

 " goodnight" i whispered before entering my dorm. i walked to my bed and immediately slept as i had little to no energy. 

tomorrow was going to be rather..... eventful 

blair speaks

new ch alert even though no one caress