2 - Flower

A/N

So um hi again

Trigger warning:

Suicide is mentioned

Gore i think

Death

Just be warned this chapter might be a little intense for some people

ENJOY

*

**

***

**

*

"James! James! The boy! He's awake!"

Dr. Karbould starts at this, quickly rubbing his tired eyes, he stands and stretches his weary bones. The nurse runs over, excitement and joy radiating from her smiling face. Nurse MacIntosh, always happy, always positive, always ready with a smile as infectious as the Flare. Even when her brother and husband where killed in the Flight, the Raven's name for the attack on the Last City. Bravo and Foxtrot. Two more casualties to the Flight and the Raven's cause.

"Theta 4 is awake! It worked James! It worked!"

He couldn't help but smile at her excitement, no one ever called him by his first name...except her of course, but she's gone now, he shook his head. Thinking about the past wouldn't do him any good.

"Okay, okay! I'm coming Flower!"

Flower was the Raven's nickname for Nurse MacIntosh, it fit her permanently joyous mood. As she hurried along the sterile, harshly lit corridor his mind wandered back to the Flight, the attack and their subsequent fleeing of the Last City. As they fled, they had found many wounded people, they had picked up about 16, 4 had survived the long journey to the Nest, the current home of the Ravens, after they arrived those four were cured if infected with the Flare and their wounds tended. A day after being released to her own room one of the four, Vera, was found on the floor beside her bed in a pool of blood, a scalpel in her left hand and a note in her right.

I'm sorry. I left her there. I can't live without her. This is the only way I can be with her. I'm sorry. Thank you for everything. Goodbye. Maybe I'll see you later.

~ Vera

Then a week later another died, this one hadn't spoken, apart from three words.

They got me. They got me. They got me.

He repeated this over and over, all night and all day. He stopped after we gave him the cure, so we assumed it was caused by the Flare. His body reacted badly to the cure however, and by badly, I mean his heart exploded, his arteries were shredded, and his brain swelled, cracking his skull. All in a matter of minutes. He was around 7 or 8 years old by our estimates.

Then there were two, Theta 3, Ash, and Theta 4, the one who just woke up, the second most severely injured, dead really.

Newt.

One of the only non-Munie WICKED subjects.

They arrived at his door, ironically the door was door A5, snapping him out of his reverie.

As Flower opened the door, he stepped in and his eyes fell on the boy sitting on the bed, sunken eyes, bags under them. He looked extremely skinny and pale.

"Wh- wh- where am I?" he croaked

"Shh its okay, you're safe" Flower said, rubbing the boys back while tapping away on a workpad