Chapter 3 - Saving the Wave

'Yo' - Naruto thinking

"Yo" - Naruto speaking

'Yo' - Ichigo speaking to Naruto in his mind

'Yo' - Ichigo thinking to Himself

'Yo' - Ichigo speaking through Naruto to others

'Yo'  - Naruto Hollow thinking

"Yo" - Naruto Hollow speaking

-----------------------------

(Time skip - 3 weeks)

It had been three weeks since Naruto had left Konoha by Ichigo's help, and it had been the best three weeks of his life. No bullying, no scolding, no abuse, just plain silence and training with Ichigo. He had taken the money he had saved, and was able to travel without worry for some months.

Training was different though. Acording to Ichigo, he had no regrets or anger, just apathy that led him train in his first two forms without any repercussions . He had grown stronger and had gained abs that could make girls swoon, and also his hair had grown a bit longer that made them sway with the wind. His height had increased too, from 5' 4'' to 5'10''. According to Ichigo, it was due to him entering the Bankai mode and accepting the spiritual energy as his own, thus enabling it to make his body ready and apt for battle.

He was currently sitting on a log under a tree, drinking some water. He was in his first form, as his clothes were turned into rags for sleeping. Ichigo had said it was okay to be in this mode as it was the base form, and it would be beneficial that he remained in it as it had no time limit and just acted as a identification in the world of soul society that you were a soul reaper, while in this world heightening his senses for dangers.

He also had changed his name from 'Naruto Namikaze Uzumaki' to 'Naruto Kurosaki' ,as he wanted to leave all ties with the village he was from. It was better that he would be Kurosaki rather than the other, as Ichigo considered him his younger brother and was his idea to do so.

'Hey Ichigo-nee you there' 

"Yup I'm here'

'Wanna go to Wave now, we almost there on its outskirts'

'yup your first Bankai mode is done, hollow though I suggest don't use it that much as you lose a lot of stamina and still need practice'

'Okay nee-san'

'Okay I'm on guard, you be too'

'Yup'

Naruto got up and started walking again down the road. He had decided that he would stay in the wave for some time until he masters some forms, then set out to a shinobi village and become one of the ninjas there. He came to a skidding halt as he looked towards the river and found a lone man in a boat sitting on it, half asleep. He went near the man and shook him up. After a small talk, the boatman named Zoru agreed to take him to the wave island. 

"So what are the conditions of the wave Zoru" ,asked Naruto hoping to get some info before entering the wave. "Not good young man. A tyrant named Gato came out of nowhere last month and is threatening the villagers to provide him with money and women, or he will kill every last one of us" ,said Zoru as Naruto and Ichigo just got disgusted on hearing the intentions. 'Naruto let me take control I want to kill that fucker'  ,said Ichigo in his mind. 'Don't worry, I will take care of it, just be on guard for something. I'm summoning you by the way' ,thought Naruto as he drew his Zanpakuto out of air, scaring the boatsman.