三十

PLEASE READ: I had originally published this chapters months ago only to rewrite the whole thing; it felt too rushed foe me

PLEASE READ:
I had originally published this chapters months ago only to rewrite the whole thing; it felt too rushed foe me. Since it's been so long since I last updated (Apologies :c) I'd recommend re-reading the previous chapter. Thanks to everyone who's stuck with me and I hope you enjoy the new updates!
════════════════════════════════

A DILEMMA.

How could she possibly forget?

She couldn't pass through to Yomi.

She had made her way into a secluded forest outside of the culling game barriers. As she fruitlessly slashed her sword against the ground, a load groan escaped her throat, slouching down to the floor as she raked her fingers through her hair, racking her brain for a solution.

Yachiru needed to get on with figuring out how to release Satoru. Tengen had previously mentioned the curse user known as 'Angel' who was capable of opening the prison realm, but Yachiru couldn't rely on chances.

"What'cha doin?" A familiar voice sounded out from behind her. Yachiru whipped her head around, her eyes softening they rested on Shion's form — her old teacher had come to find her.

"Nice to see you too." She replied, turning around to face her and leaning her elbow on her hilt.

"You looked like you were going insane, slashing the ground like that." Shion snickered, hopping down from the tree branch and walking over to her old student. "Are you attempting what I think you are?"

"I'm sure you've heard by now, about this whole culling game thing," Yachiru paused for a second, her eyebrows knitting together in a tight frown. "I need to ask Yamamoto about the prison realm."

Shion made a whistling sound with her lips, indicating that Yachiru had set a hell of a task for herself. "Follow me." She said, taking off without another word as Yachiru hastily followed her.

As the pair made their way to a location unknown to Yachiru, she began to pick up on the spiritual pressure of someone awfully familiar — someone that she had not seen in many years. Upon entering the small mountain shack, Yachiru would have been distracted by the surprisingly comfy interior — but her eyes were focussed on someone else.

"K-...Kenichi?" She asked, coming face to face with her old caretaker. The man who had come to retrieve her from the land of the living when she was only a child. "What are you doing here?!"  She panicked for a moment, surely he too had not been banished from Yomi.

"It's good to see you, Yachiru." He said, a warm smile on his face as the words escaped his lips. "Shion called me here. Her craftiness meant she could circumvent the banishment seal, so she can enter and leave Yomi at will. Now what is it that you want to talk about?"