Chapter 12

4:58 pm

"BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!"

You felt a swipe of blood scatter across your face. It dripped down, slowly. You then looked at your hands which were heavily covered in blood. You started shaking, and then looked down to your left and saw that Beatrice was on the ground, laying in a pool of blood that was growing from the back of her head. There were two gunshot wounds on her neck, and one on her forehead. She laid there dead, with her eyes open. The team looked at Beatrice, and then at you. You all stood there, frozen until you looked around and then looked up at Mick who was on the rooftop of the apartment building. When the team noticed you looking up, they turned around and looked at Mick too. He nodded, carried his rifle, and walked away.

 He nodded, carried his rifle, and walked away

_____________________________________________

"MICK!"

"Y/N!"

Once Mick came down from the roof, he ran to you. You both embraced each other. He held you in his arms, accidentally squeezing you too hard in the process.

"Ouch!" You said.

"Oh, sorry, love. Are you ok? Are you injured? Oh dear, should we take you to the hospital? I can only imagine what that woman put you thr-" 

"I am ok. I just have some bruises that are in the process of healing. Beatrice is, or was rather, full of lots of talk but her threats and 'punishments' weren't as bad as they could have been. She would punch me and hit me a lot, but I always obeyed her so she wouldn't do anything worse. I will say though that it was all hell. Anyways, It's been a while. I want to go home now, with you." You said.

"Aw, I missed you and I am just glad that you are okay. When we get upstairs, I will cook you some soup and prepare you some tea. While you were gone, I learned how to really cook for myself." Mick said.

"I like the sound of that. Let me just say thank you all so much for saving me. I really thought I was going to die. I owe you guys one." You said to the whole team.

"You owe us nothing, Y/n. Just eat and have a nice rest." Cooper said as he went up to you and put his hands on your shoulders. 

"Y/n, I know this may be too much to ask, but here, can you take my key? I will meet you upstairs, I just got to talk to Cooper really quick. I will be up there with you in a bit, okay?" Mick looked at you as he handed you the key and held your hands together. 

"Absolutely. See you there." You said. As you walked away, you made sure not to look behind you so you wouldn't have to see Beatrice's body lying there again. You gulped and sped walked through the door.

"Coop, do you want my credentials?" Mick asked.

"Nothing is going to happen," Cooper responded.