Prologue: Dead or Alive?

Matilda Lynn was a weird person. Some would say she was either an angel, and others would complain about her being a demon. The thing is though was that she was neither.

Sure she did some good things once in a while, and sure she liked to rebel and get in trouble, but she was numb.

She was bipolar and most likely a sociopath. Matilda never felt guilt for anything bad she had done and couldn't find it in her to love anyone. No matter how hard she tried she felt nothing for anyone.

Her episodes weren't that helpful either. Sometimes they made her want to stay in bed and do nothing, and other times they made her so full of energy she didn't know how to calm herself down. The kind of episodes she absolutely hates are the ones where she becomes so angry for no reason.

They cause her to lash out, which leads to her questioning herself, which leads her to do something that gives her some sort of relief.

For some reason Matilda only had 2 escapes from reality. Watching her favorite show, The Vampire Diaries, or harming herself.

She preferred the first one, but sometimes the second one was unavoidable and she couldn't control herself.

She didn't necessarily have anyone to care for her or love her either. Her parents couldn't stand her and treated her horribly. So when they kicked her out she had to find a new place to live and had to work 2 jobs. And sometimes she couldn't take the stress, which was what was happening to her now.

She didn't have anyone or anything to live for and didn't understand why she was even here. She did the one thing that she had always wanted to do.

Die.

And so she did.

She took out her razor and lifted up her sleeves which exposed her arms.

She brought the blade down onto her skin and slid it across watching blood spill out of the wound.

She repeated the action over and over again until she started to see black spots and couldn't focus on anything anymore.

And when she felt as if she was going to collapse, she let the darkness swallow her whole with a smile on her face

_____________________________

Matilda didn't expect to wake up, and she really didn't expect to be in a hospital.

She didn't live with anybody and she doesn't even know her neighbors that well either.

She went to get up but doctors rushed in the room.

Matilda saw 2 familiar faces, ones that she recognized from her favorite show.

Then one of the doctors spoke up.

"How are you feeling Ms. Gilbert?"

She froze.

No, it couldn't be.

She started to panic.

She saw one of the doctors inject her with a needle full of something and she closed her eyes falling asleep.

Her last thought was that if she was Elena Gilbert then she was going to change the future and fuck with a lot of the characters.

_____________________________

A/N: Thank you for choosing to read this book, it means a lot to me. I don't really know who I am going to make her love interest(s) be at the moment, but I would be happy to take some suggestions.

_____________________________

Word Count: 516