Chapter 1: New Life Means Changes

(Elena's POV)

When I woke up for the second time I took in my surroundings and accepted that I was now Elena Gilbert. I was going to change the future and save everyone as well.

As I was waiting for the doctors to come back, I started making a mental list of everything I needed to do, preferably by the end of the summer.

1. Get lots of vervain.

If I got a vervain tattoo then I could never be compelled. It would sting a little if I got turned into a vampire, so I decided to get a small one.

2. Tell trusted people about the supernatural and figure out if you have magic.

First, I'm pretty sure as a traveler descendant I would have some type of magical powers, so I was going to figure that out. And second, when the time was right I was going to tell Jenna, Jeremy, Bonnie, and Caroline about the supernatural. And if I have magic then it would be a tad easier as I can demonstrate something.

3. Make sure Bonnie practices her magic.

Since Bonnie was a witch it was important that she knew how to use her powers in case a vampire or another supernatural creature decided to mess with her. I wasn't going to use Bonnie like the original Elena did.

4. Make Tyler a possible ally.

Since Tyler didn't know about the supernatural or that he had the werewolf gene it would be harder to convince him that all of this was true unless he trusted me.

5. Rescue Enzo from Augustine.

Enzo didn't deserve to be kept there, so maybe after I've told everyone about the supernatural we could go rescue him. That way no one would get suspicious and there would be no more Augustine at Whitmore.

6. If I have magic, start making daylight rings.

If I could do magic then I'm pretty sure I would have the power to make daylight rings, and if I sell them to vampires then not only will I have allies but I could ask them to compel me a lot of money and to compel construction workers to build me a bigger house where we could all live incase we invite the wrong people into our current house.

7. Make up something about being able to see the future.

I can tell everyone that I freaked out in the hospital because I saw a lot of the future and that's how I know everything about the supernatural.

8. Make sure everyone has vervain on them so they are ready for when the Salvatores settle into town.

Damon used Caroline in the OG timeline which wasn't going to happen now that I'm here, and Stefan was a creepy stalker who stalked OG Elena because she looked like Katherine.

9. Get the moonstone, Emily's talisman, and the grimoire and hide them.

I could bargain with Klaus about the moonstone and if Damon doesn't have the grimoire or the talisman he can't open the tomb, which will give me leverage.

10. If possible find and meet Katherine.

I'm pretty sure she might be in Florida right now, either watching Mason or with Mason. If I could meet her she could become a potential ally along with Mason. We could fake his death leading to Jules and her pack coming to town and then Klaus would have a werewolf and wouldn't have to use any Lockwoods.

11. Go to New Orleans.

If we go to New Orleans I could explain everything to Davina and hopefully gain the trust of Marcel which would be very useful in the future.