Chapter 4: I Really Hate Hospitals

Elena's POV

I honestly didn't expect myself to pass out from the lack of sleep. Actually, let me rephrase: I didn't think I was going to pass out from the lack of sleep so soon. I mean, obviously it was going to catch up to me, but whatever. Anyway, back to important matters.

While I was waiting for the doctors to come back and my family to wake up, I made another mental checklist of what I still needed to do. The only thing left from my previous list when I first got here was to free Kai and the rest of the heretics. Now, I needed to start preparing for the moonstone sacrifice (and hottie daddy hybrid).

Katherine was probably coming to town soon which meant Isobel, who was going to be an absolute pain to deal with because she was so annoying. I really hate my life and all of these vampire people. I wish I was reborn as someone else, because to be Elena was a lot of work, and I'd rather sit at home, drink my coffee, and watch TV. Even though the whole coffee part is what got me here in the first place. Well, YOLO, so no one cares.

I saw Jenna start to stir, which would mean that once she was fully awake she was going to yell at me and I wouldn't be able to handle it.

"Elena! You're banned from coffee!" was the first thing she said to me, her arms wrapping me in a hug.

Her hug was so tight I could barely breathe, but since I knew I worried my poor aunt, I didn't protest and just made a sound of disagreement to her previous statement, as even if coffee put me in a coma I would still love it forever.

"Don't you make that sound at me," AJ pulled back from the hug with disappointment but relief on her face.

"What sound?" I fired back innocently, and she rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"Now, though I do prioritize your health like a good guardian," she paused, as if she were guilty of something which only made me more curious, "Enzo said he spotted a new vampire in town. Some woman named Isobel, I think. Do you know her?"

This was the part I dreaded most to tell her. I had hoped that Isobel would arrive when I wasn't vulnerable so I could at least ease Jenna into everything, but I guess there was no holding back now.

"Isobel?" I questioned, and pretended to think hard about her, and made my eyes falsely light up as I remembered something.

"Yes! I got it! Or at least I think I got it..." I trailed off towards the end to help minimize Jenna's negative response towards the information I was about to reveal to her. But when she prompted me to continue I did.

"I had a really weird dream of how a woman named Isobel and Uncle John were my real parents, but I'm not really sure," I said unsure, waiting to see AJ's reaction, and when she made the 'oh shit, she knows' expression I knew it was my turn to play victim.

"Is it true? Am I adopted?" I willed some fake tears in my eyes, and the regretful woman beside me thankfully fell for my act, comforting me and apologizing for keeping me in the dark, promising that she would have told me if her sister hadn't made her keep it a secret until I turned 18.

I wasn't all that upset about it (duh), but to appeal to the act I asked to be alone for a little while, and I used that time to catch up on some sleep, praying that I wouldn't get nightmares of my old past or my new past, which sounded super confusing but normal at the same time.

Damn my life was fucked up.

And that was my last thought before I flopped my head back on the disgusting and un-fluffed hospital pillow, accidentally aiming for the wrong part of the bed which ended up with me hitting my head hard on the wall behind me.

That definitely was going to send me into a concussed slumber.

Lmao, whatever: YOLO.

_____________________________

A/N: Super short chapter because I don't really have this book mapped out fully yet and am just going with the flow. This is like another filler chapter because it's all I could get out at the moment, so I hope you enjoy it. Sorry for my horrible updating schedule again.

Here are all of the pairings with votes so far and thorough the chapters I will take out a few leaving the ones with the most votes remaining.

Elena x Klaus x Kol x Kai x Elijah: 17 votes

Elena x Klaus x Kol x Kai x Silas x Rebekah: 29 votes

The last ship is in the lead so far and I will still be taking votes for the pairings.

Thanks for reading! I love you all.

- Rory

_____________________________

Word Count: 818