The Last Convo with A Maniac

Jayden yells, "Fearmeister!" The team walks through the dark citadel-like structure. It's rundown, all right. But it doesn't look appealing to the team in the slightest. They just want to get the bastard out of the shadows.
    He yells again, "Fearmeister!" No response. No surprise to him, this being the villain trying to screw with him.
    "Come out!" Ashley yells, barely able to contain the anger inside. Aubrey can only storm around the place, her fists and entire being clenched with rage, rage that'll destroy this impure heathen. Asori and Shadow Bird are too angry. After walking around, looking through chairs and other stereotypical places slashers like him hide, the villain soon finds himself, looking both excited and angry.
    Fearmeister addresses them, "Hey there, Alta Heroes!" The team stares him down at those hardened words. They continue this stare until Fearmeister opens his wretched mouth.
    "What's got your tongue, boys and girls?" Fearmeister mocks. The team stays silent for a moment longer before two people in the group make their feelings toward the bastard known.
    "Many things," Shadow Bird remarks in a deadpan manner.
    "Like, I dunno," Ashley has her fist up before continuing. "How you tortured those kids for your sick fantasies!" That growl gets supported by Aubrey looking dead at him. Asori too looks toward him in anger. Fearmeister looks toward Jayden and Shadow Bird. Both boys are still but concerned. Not for Fearmeister but what he'll do. A moment of silence goes by. Quickly growing tired of this said silence, Fearmeister voices his opinion as to what the two boys are thinking of right now.
    "Still wanna figure me out, Jayden and Shadow Bird?" He rhetorically quizzes. Indeed, they are thinking of what to say to the villain. Jayden doesn't like repeating himself. Neither does Shadow Bird. But this... pariah. This... monster. He can't be real. Is there any humanity inside of him? Asori can't help thinking this too but her stone-cold face hides these thoughts. He has to be stopped, after all. Shadow Bird, deciding to reformat this concern locked in his head, lets it out by trying to see what he feels about his life.
    He asks, "What do you get from it?" Fearmeister breathes a sigh of relief. The genuine tone says it all to him. The detective here actually wants to get to know him, not try to understand him. The rest wanna as well. He can tell by their faces. So why not?
    "You wanna know?" Shadow Bird nods. The rest nod back the minute his head points to them.
    Fearmeister giggles and says, "I just love it."
    "The sweat running down a being's face. The tears that spill out their eye sockets.  Their shivering bodies. It's so," Breathing through his nose and exhaling through his mouth, he lets out a soft, devious chuckle before going on. "Exquisite." The Alta Heroes say nothing but their minds speak for them. Ashley has only seen people like these in horror movies and comic books. Never did she imagine she'd meet someone like this. Asori couldn't agree more. Jerrod may have been bad but he's worse. A complete... psychopath.
    "And, as a villain, when you have people scared of you, it's awesome," Fearmeister admits while his hands are in the air. They're free. His voice becomes more and more joyful the more he talks about himself. Aubrey only grows tired of this. She never. Ever. Wants to be feared. This guy is just a bully. A dipshit obsessed with scaring people. How can someone like this be here right now?
    Fearmeister tells them, "I love being a villain." Jayden's eyebrows furrow at that remark. It's true. Despite their best efforts. Despite numerous times of them trying to reach him. He's... He's... He's a monster. 
    "So you have no remorse for hurting your family?" Shadow Bird simply asks. Though it only reveals just how shocked, and scared, of the existence of this... This... Whatever the hell this guy is.
    "Yeah. Their deaths. So... fitting for people like them," Fearmeister says with a chuckle. Shadow Bird, like as it's been said multiple times, can't believe it. This guy. This prick. He tortures people for fun. He murders children. He killed his own family. And for what? Because of him wanting to spread fear? Does he love it so much?
    Shadow Bird questions, "Are you sure they didn't hurt you?"
    "No," The villain growls at the vigilante. All eyes go wide at Fearmeister's actions from here on out.
    "Why is this so hard for you kids to understand?!" He snaps. He's tired. He's so tired of everyone trying to understand him. Nobody understands, he swears.
    Fearmeister then yells, "Nothing made me this way! I was born this way!" The demon continues shrieking and the Alta Heroes look in abject horror.
    "I always was a villain! I live for terror and fear!" He shouts with furious fire the team hasn't seen before. But, from what his tone suggests, their defeat of him at the city's center isn't the only thing he's pissed about. How long has this guy had this much anger? Two years? His entire life?
    Fearmeister angrily asks, "Do you five understand now?!"
    "Do you?!" He snaps again once no words come from the team. Jayden only goes right to business.
    "Where's the Marvelous Misfits?" Jayden asks sternly. The team immediately gets ready for a fight the minute the villain starts growling and lowers his head. Everyone is ready but the villain still stands there. Silence. Just silence. Nothing. Fearmeister is tired of them. Tired of these goody-two-shoes'. The five little pricks who've done nothing humiliate him and foil his plans. This is almost as bad as the four pricks before them. But he takes a deep breath. Fearmeister needs to calm down. He can't lose it. They'll win if he does. So he snickers.
    "I'm not telling yet," The villain says with a sadistic grin.
    "But here's a treasure map for you," He says before tossing a map to Jayden. It flows through the wind before it lands in Jayden's hand.
    "See ya," Fearmeister chimes wickedly before the villain leaves in his putrid fog. The Alta Heroes look toward the map. Many locations lie. But, feeling intuitive, Jayden gives the map to Shadow Bird. His psychometry intact, Shadow Bird taps into its history right now. Four buildings are shown. A bakery. A restaurant. A bank. A park. There are supposed to be hostages that the team would have to play twisted games for to save them. But, as the vigilante presses harder for answers, the map tries fighting back. Although it's hot, the will inside Shadow Bird is stronger. He presses on despite the warmness of the page and the headache he's gotten. Right now, the villain is holding their new allies hostage. Down where the door is. The memory tapes stop. Shadow Bird, after setting the paper down and holding his head, winces a bit as he tries collecting himself.
    "You ok?" Jayden asks, Aubrey holding him steady.
    "Yeah," Shadow Bird confesses after a sigh of relief.
    "You know that theater place below?" He asks the team.
    "Oh my god," Asori blurts as she realizes what they're under. The place they entered. It's built under where Franklin Macari's family business is buried. Everyone is also shocked. They then look to the door. The Alta Heroes, knowing what to do, grow serious. Nodding at each other, the team goes off to the door in front of them. This guy wants to lose everything where he gained it? Fine with them.