Teens vs A Monster

Breathing heavily. That's all Fearmeister does right now, his bat in his hands dripping blood from it. The Marvelous Misfits? They're in pain. Pain from the beating, nothing more. Dennis and Sam hold their ribs as they sting while touching them. Bradford can only get his glasses back to wearing them on his face.
    "Woo!" Fearmeister lets out. He then, while breathing heavily, walks away from the team. That was so good that he can't believe he needed this. Smiling, he thinks about how else to torture them. Maybe he'll get Alex or Heather, or both, over here? Maybe stripping them naked and setting them on fire for them to be cooked meat for eating? Maybe he can even make them choose either their lives or the lives of children? So many options, all of them so good. He snickers. This is just so hilarious, and if he makes them all cry at the same time, that'll be comedy gold. The three-member team, although staggering and grunting in pain, refuse to let this animal win. Hearing them get up perfectly, Fearmeister breathes through his nose.
    "Don't let this get to you, Fearmeister," The swine thinks to himself. Looking toward the team, Fearmeister puts a smile on despite this anger. Why can't these people stay down? The Marvelous Misfits. The Macabre. The Alta Heroes. They all dare to challenge him. To try telling this city he's not a monster. Not wanting these three to break him, the demonic supervillain addresses them.
    "My, my," He chimes as the team gets up. Standing tall, Dennis charges toward him, him being unaware as he planned to brag to them about their futile attempt to-
    "Oof!" Fearmeister exclaims after getting kneed by the police lieutenant, this being where he loses his train of thought.
    "Ahh!" Sam battle cries as she charges toward the madman.
    Fearmeister gags, "Agh!" The menace tries to get the gal off him but she's strong. This only makes him angry. Dennis and Bradford charge at him. Yet he answers this charge on two fronts by sucker-punching them both. Using his aura, Fearmeister viciously slams Sam to the ground. Breathing a bit, Fearmeister looks to her, taking this as a moment to try getting fear from her. Her resistance weakens him, breathing a sigh of fatigue. The villain is angered but keeps trying. Nothing works. Not the fiery eyes. Not his very presence. Just Sam staring at him in defiance as she stands fully to her feet. Stopping his latest failure, Fearmeister catches his prey's fist, punching her in the gut, Sam going down to the ground in pain. Bradford and Dennis look on in horror as they get up from the punch to see the villain grabbing the bat and walking back toward Sam.
    "GRR!" The demon snarls loudly as he raises the bat to the little brat.
    "NO!" Dennis and Bradford scream in unison. Before he could swing it toward Sam's skull, the Alta Heroes bust down the door.
    "Fearmeister!" Jayden calls fiercely toward the villain. The three immediately run to the door with Fearmeister letting it happen. He did this due to him wanting to kill the Alta Heroes the most right now.  
    "Don't call the police yet," Jayden tells them just before they exit the building.
    "When?" Dennis asks.
    "You'll know," Shadow Bird tells them. Knowing what that meant, Dennis nods to him in response, the rest of the hostages doing the same.
    "Good luck," Bradford tells them encouragingly.
    "Kick his ass!" Sam yells just as she leaves the building after Dennis and Bradford. The two sides face each other just as the door closes. Now it's just the Alta Heroes and Fearmeister. Fearmeister drops the bat, rolling to the side after this happens.
    "You five..." Barely able to contain his rage, Fearmeister snaps at the Alta Heroes.
    "You're really gonna suffer now!" He growls with wrath.
    Asori bellows, "This hell is gonna end now!"
    Aubrey shouts, "You're never terrorizing Fic-City again!"
    "Heh heh heh!" He slyly laughs before continuing this "cute" little conversation with the teen heroes.
    "Why do you guys think that?!" Fearmeister bellows, his voice horse with hate and joy clashing together.
    Fearmeister boasts, "The Marvelous Misfits tried to stop me. The Macabre tried to stop me. Heck, even my own family tried to stop me!"
    "So what hope-" He immediately gets cut off by the Alta Heroes confronting him on both what they've always thought of him all along.
    Shadow Bird shouts, "You're not special!"
    "Yeah, we've met people like you before!" Ashley hollers passionately. Fearmeister can't help being curious. He's not the only one who's hurt them?
    "You're no better than those people. The people who hurt us," Asori strongly tells Fearmeister after the yelling stops and a moment of pause briefly takes center stage. Is that it? Are they just doing this because they've been hurt and, because of their "good hearts," they wanna prevent that pain from being carried out to others? Batman much.
    "You know what you are? You're just an asshole obsessed with scaring people," Aubrey says while pointing at the demon. She points when saying her second sentence. Fearmeister can't help cringing from those words. He's a monster. A demon. A villain. Not an asshole. Fearmeister's fists clench the moment Jayden speaks.
    "Fearmeister, you're going to be stopped here. Once and for all," Jayden stoically declares. Fearmeister, completely shaken, hides this growing anger inside him with a laugh.
    Fearmeister points to each of them and says, "Look at you imperfect five." 
    "You think you five outcasts in Earth society are gonna do anything against me?! The terrorizer of Fic-City himself?!" The villain mocks.
    "You're nothing to us," Jayden says. His charisma disappears at that insult.
    "You've never been jackshit to us," Aubrey tells him with scorn and malice. His body shakes, his rage like soda about to explode.
    "Yeah, you're just an asshole we've met before," Ashley says apathetically. He's not special? B. S.
    "And as we've stated before, you don't scare us," Asori confidently declares. Almost there. The Mentos go into the coke with Shadow Bird's signature of his and the team's death warrant.
    "People are going to forget you, Dude." Shadow Bird points to the pathetic bully before continuing. "But you were never special in the first place," He says with no remorse for the killer. That's it. That. Is. It. The explosion. The disrespect. It's too much. These five bastards. They came to his home. They gave those five kids hope. They humiliated him in front of Fic-City. They need to suffer. They need to die.
    "RAH!" The monster charges at the little brats who came to his turf and messed things up so much. His wrathful strikes are blocked instantly by Jayden and Asori's excellent defense compared to the villain's savagery. Aubrey simply knees him in the skull. Falling to the ground, the people see him for what he is deep down. A human. An egotistical, immoral man. A man's mask crumbles and cracks. Falling to the ground despite each attempt he makes to put it back together. Letting it fall to the ground, the human being with hair only slightly darker than Heath Ledger's Joker wild hair stares hard at the team. They aren't shocked. They aren't pitying him. The teens only wanna get this done. So Shadow Bird whips out his cuffs.
    Shadow Bird addresses Franklin with, "You're under arrest, Franklin Macari."
    "NO!" The human being screams. Using some of the remaining aurae he has, he concentrates a fiery ball of fear before firing it at the team. But they instantly evade the attack. The Alta Heroes then look toward the damage. A support beam is gone, and with it comes the rumbling. Not caring one bit, the calmness Fearmeister once radiated is gone, and is replaced by a fiery demon of rage. Fireball after fireball. Fearmeister launches these attacks with pure, reckless abandon. Property is destroyed. Valuables are scorched to ashes. And the Alta Heroes do nothing but dodge each self-centered and angry attack. Eventually, after two minutes of dodging and ducking each fireball, the two remaining support beams barely hold the battleground the Alta Heroes and Fearmeister fight in. Rumbling and tumbling debris from above fall. While Aubrey charges at Fearmeister, her having had enough of this guy's tantrum, she nearly gets crushed by falling wreckage. She only is saved by falling to the ground.
    "GAH!" The man screams in pain. Looking toward the damage, the only thing he sees. The only thing he feels. Are the big debris in front of him. He groans and breaths in aching agony. Shadow Bird only stares at him. Should he help him? He doesn't wanna... But this guy... He killed people. Children.
    Jayden orders, "Let him go, Shadow Bird!" Shadow Bird still contemplates. Fearmeister looks toward them. Maybe they'll save him. After all, heroes don't let anyone die, right? Yeah, they'll save him.
    Aubrey yells, "Let's go!" Pulling his shoulder, Shadow Bird looks to them and seeing the rubble going down to them, runs with the group away from certain death. They close the door. On this hellhole. On him. He can't... No... He's not gonna die. He's Fearmeister! He's the terrorizer of Fic-City! There's no way these kids will just leave him to die! Are they not heroes?! People who save the lives of friend and foe, only for the foe to destroy their friends?! Desperation creeps in as the wicked man tries desperately to escape. Pushing the debris. Struggling to move. He can't do anything. He's... powerless? No. No! Looking up, more debris fall. This is it. No. This can't be but it is. He doesn't wanna go. He doesn't wanna die. No. No! NO!
    "AHH!" Fearmeister screams as the life he lived crashes down onto him. The same being said for the building the clash took part in below. Back outside, the group looks on at the scene of the destruction with worry. Are the Alta Heroes still alive? Did the bastard claim more victims? Vincent, Dennis, Sam, and Bradford fear the worst. So do the police. The police commissioner prays to God these kids are still breathing. If not, then this will be the greatest mistake of his life. Letting five young men and women throw their lives away to save the city. Dennis too begins to feel guilt. If they're dead, that's completely on him. Him for not killing the bastard when he had the chance oh so long ago. Sam and Bradford's fears are just like everyone else's. Sam being ashamed for not getting enough time with them and Bradford sad five young lives are extinguished by the wrath of Fearmeister. Then, a rumbling goes under their feet. In the center: Vincent, Jerry, Damian, and Dennis move out of the way. Like how God has answered their prayers, the Alta Heroes exit the ground. A few coughing. But, thank God, they're alive. Dusting off the dust, Jayden wipes his nose with his sleeve. Sniffling, Jayden looks toward them, his face serious for questioning.
    "Are you guys ok?" Jayden asks.
    "Yeah," Damian admits after a nod, Jerry doing the same.
    "What about you kids?" Vincent asks, him breathing a sigh of relief moments ago.
    Ashley says, "We're good." This is when Ashley pinches her nose to stop its bleeding. The bloodied and battered Alta Heroes nod to them to support Ashley's claims. Although relieved of the team's survival, the psychologist looks back to the building destroyed by Fearmeister. The rest do the same.
    "He's dead," Bradford says. He says no more. Nobody else says anything else other than a few more people.
    "My god," Damian blurts silently. Vincent turns to them, his face stoic yet his words gentle.
    Vincent only says, "Why don't you kids go home?"  The Alta Heroes know now is not the best time to talk with him nor argue. They've all had a long day.
    Jayden can only say, "Ok." The team then leaves the place. All of them shaken up but triumphant. The police, while they too are happy he's finally dead, can't help but wonder about the after-effects of his two-year campaign of fear. Sam, Dennis, and Bradford look on at the five. Sam doesn't know what to say. Dennis and Bradford only nod to each other. The three look on at their new allies as the five Alta Heroes walk. Walking into the darkness they just overcame. But at what cost?