𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

On a dark night, with the rain pouring down like bullets on the roof of the house in 4 Privet Drive, Harry lay on his bed with thin blanket that does little to warm his small body.

The 14, almost 15-year-old boy was shivering in the dark as he waited for the clock to strike midnight. His mind was filled with thoughts of how this year had gone.

'Horrible'

With the Triwizard tournament and him being forced to participate, he had a pretty crappy year. And now, he awaits the stroke of midnight, a signal of his birthday, that he was once again celebrating alone. Not that he cared all that much.

He liked it better this way. Alone. With no one to tell him what to do, no jealous 'friends' to remind him of the title and fame he received, with no thought whatsoever of what he had lost in order to be that famous.

It was times like these where he can truly say that he's, not happy per se, but content. It was in these moments in his life where he can just be himself. With no expectations to live by and no masks to keep up.

In these rare times, he can show who he really is. And he wished for more times like these. Minus the abuse and neglect and the small, cold bedroom of course.

Finally, after the long wait, the chime of the grandfather clock in the living room rang throughout the whole house signifying the arrival of midnight. But as the clock continued ticking, Harry felt his whole body suddenly throb in pain as the feeling of white-hot knives, not unlike the cruciatus, piercing every inch of his skin appear all of a sudden.

Not knowing what to do and why it was happening in the first place, the now 15-year-old boy gripped his bed sheets tightly. His teeth bit into his lips as he struggled to stop the scream that threatened to rip its way out of his mouth, lest he risks the chance of waking his 'loving' relatives.

The teen endured the pain for as long as he could, with little to no sound coming out of his person despite the obvious pain in his face, but soon it became unbearable for even the hardened young wizard. His eyes involuntary closed on its own in exhaustion and his mind became blank as he fell unconscious, never knowing of what lies ahead after he awakes in his slumber in the early hours of the mornings.