Chapter-2

☽︎☽︎☽︎Long Years apart – can make no
Breach a second cannot fill –
The absence of the Witch does not
Invalidate the spell –

The embers of a Thousand Years
Uncovered by the Hand
That fondled them when they were Fire
Will stir and understand – ︎☾︎☾︎☾︎

______________________________________

Faith

______________________________________

Sunlight was pouring inside the room,  illuminating each corner of the room and making it much more warmer than it should've been. Louis was lying on the bed, his face pressed on the pillow, limbs spread and his duvet half falling from the bed at his feet. His skin shining from the sunlight, he felt warmth on his back and he internally groaned remembering that he forgot to close the blinds last night. Suddenly he felt someone gently shake him, along with the warmth he'd been feeling. After cursing under his breath inaudibly, he turned around to see a blonde girl, with her hair in a bun, with hazel eyes gently smiling at him.

He distinctively remembered the blonde girl, he thought again and came to conclusion that she must be the hook-up from last night, don't make this awkward, he thought to himself as he sat up, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"G'moring " he spoke up, in his morning raspy voice.

"Good mornin', I am taking a leave, I just wanted to tell you that, um , like I-, oh god, this is hard." she stumbled upon her words. She had silky smooth voice, Louis noticed. She held a shy smile and yet a confidence that Louis tried to comprehend, but failed due to the remnants of sleep in his mind.

"I liked the time we spent last night, so I wanted to ask you. Would you go on a date with me?" she spoke in a rushed tone, yet the confidence in her eyes contrasted, her shy smile. She was not fiddling with her fingers, Louis noticed. She had a tattoo too, which was almost completely hidden, by the sleeves of the shirt, that was too large on her, hanging on her collerbones, accenting the tattoo on her collerbones.

Louis politely disagreed to that, his sleep suddenly slipping out because of the question. The girl smiled awkwardly "Oh okay, it's alright. I was actually waking you up from sometime, but you were not waking up. I really need to leave. My boss would kill me since I'm already late."

With that she got up from the bed and started dressing up hurriedly. She picked up her purse and took out her phone. While typing something on her phone and wearing her heels simultaneously, she looked up and said in a hurried tone "Oh and Louis, I put my number on the notepad on your bedside table. You said last night that you're a writer and trying to get your work published. I actually work in a publishing house, so you can ring me if you ever need to." with a smile.

Louis half-opened his eyes and nodded while replying "Sure". With that the girl let herself out. As he tried to welcome the slumber he remembered how once, when he was younger and life was perfect, he dreamt of being a successful writer. The childhood dream must have slipped into an easily shaped lie last night to not reveal himself. He almost fell back to sleep again, when his phone started ringing. He groaned and decided to ignore it and get back to sleep, but after the third call, he picked it up without casting a glance to the caller ID.

"You forgot to pick me up, didn't you Tommo?" Liam spoke from the other side definitely sounding livid.

Louis suddenly sat up and started scurrying to find his clothes, while balancing his phone between his shoulder and ear, saying "I- Wha- no Payno, I'm on my way you see, I wasn't picking up your call because I was driving. And now I'm getting late because I had to park my car on the side to pick up your call." Although he knew Liam was not gonna believe a word.