Chapter-4

☾︎☾︎☾︎☾︎Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
And things are not what they seem.

Trust no Future, howe’er pleasant!
Let the dead Past bury its dead!
Act,—act in the living Present!
Heart within, and God o’erhead☽︎☽︎☽︎☽︎

_____________________________________

Reminiscing

_____________________________________

3 December, 2012

Gentle fingers ran through Harry's hair as he laid in Louis' lap, slipping into a raw slumber."You are so innocent." Louis muttered, slowing the movements of his fingers, the focus shifting to softly massaging the scalps. Harry opened his eyes, looking at Louis, his eyes holding an unasked question. On recieving no answer, he questioned, eyebrows knitted "What are you talking about, Lou?"

"I'm talking about how you are really precious for this world, but specifically I meant to say that Catalina was lying to you." Louis answered, staring ahead at the painting, hanging beside his window of a serene landscape: a daisy garden.

Zayn had gifted him that, on his sixteenth birthday. The garden hadn't been as beautiful as it was the day Zayn had delineated the daisies, the butterflies and the cerulean sky all on the bare canvas. What he had not known under that azure sky was what were to come, it had been a storm that roared the next day, one that has the daisy garden barren to this day.

"Louis, no. Why would she lie?" Harry defended looking at Louis with the most innocent of looks. Louis bent down pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead. The room was almost dark, leave for the soft light escaping the edges of the fully drawn blinds. A small ray of sunshine falling on Harry's crown of curls.

"So she could ask you out." he picked up Harry's hands, kissing his fingers softly "She almost tried to kiss you the last time you went to tutor her."

Oh, oh. He completely got rid of that memory, wiped it like moonlight during daytime.

"Yeah, okay you might be right, but she said she was high." he replied, closing his eyes once again. Harry sighed, long breath drawn to hold as he faced the realisation of him being a bit too innocent for his own good.

He used to tutor her on wednesdays, she never looked up, neither did he. They were no friends. Harry found words to be a weapon, if you don't know how to use it correctly it will make a mess, so he avoided handling with them altogether.

That’s how it always went.

Except that day, she did, her eyes travelled the mere two or three inches up, her eyes lit up, a different kind. He couldn't pinpoint it. When they had reached the end of their session, she had leaned forward, the table an obstruction she neglected as she tried to press a kiss to his lips. He had suddenly turned around, the kiss landing on the corner of his mouth. He was so stunned that he left in a rush and quelling the space for words that could have stood in between them.

"I think I should avoid her then, or maybe simply tell her that I have a boyfriend." Harry spoke softly.

"Your call and I love you." Louis whispered before leaving a kiss behind Harry's left ear, afraid of the moment crumbling.

"I love you too, boyfriend." Harry giggled. They had been together for about two years yet the term of acknowledgement of their love, still gave him all the butterflies it gave when they exchanged the term the first time.