~ Chapter 56: Endangered Species ~

(A/N: Just wanted to let you know why I skipped the issues if anybody's going to ask about this. After reading those issues, I don't know where to put Y/N in since I changed the plot where Sally doesn't get roboticized and that Elias is still a king and those secret Freedom Fighters wasn't made or born. As for Silver searching for the traitor, let's just say Y/N had somehow managed to save his world after saving Sally and he doesn't know it. And for Eggman, he had somehow escaped and had been planning on attacking the Freedom Fighters while Snively had left him and broke Iron Queen out of the prison as they both escaped and became part of G.U.N. to redeem themselves. So yeah, that's all I wanted you all to know. It's been hard, but I've decided that all those issues never happened.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N couldn't believe what she was hearing as she's on a Tornado with Sonic, Kirby, Amy, and T-Pup. While she was just relaxing in her treehouse, she just heard from Sally that the echidnas have been attacked by the Death Egg and needed her to go and save them. Sally, Antoine, and Bunnie had to stay in New Mobotropolis to make sure everyone is safe in case Eggman comes. She's right now feeling worried as they flew closer and closer to the smoking site of Aptos.

"Oh, boy... The echidnas are under attack. Knuckles is not going to be happy about that." Sonic said.

"This is getting ridiculous! He keeps putting others in danger just to slow us down! Now the Death is nowhere to be seen, and the last of the echidnas are suffering!" Amy exclaimed in anger.

"Those echidnas don't deserve this!!" Y/N exclaimed just as angry as Amy.

"Pooteetah!" Kirby agreed, growling.

"Nobody ever said Eggman had class. We'll catch up to the doc later. Take us in for a landing, Tails. Time to dish out some heroics, Team-Fighters-Style!"

Suddenly, the green laser was shot towards them, but Tails was able to dodge it as he turned the plane to the side.

"WHOA!"

They all turned to see a robotic version of Knuckles flying towards them.

"Oh, cute! Now there's a Metal Knuckles! At least the doc is giving me a variety of things to smash!"

"Wait, Sonic!!" Y/N tried to stop him, feeling that this robot is not what it seems but it was too late.

Sonic jumped off the Tornado and tried to attack Metal Knuckles with his spin dash when he was knocked away by its metal claws.

"Sonic!!" Y/N and Amy shouted.

The robot then flew up to the Tornado and dug its claws onto the side of the plane.

"Whoa! Stop wrecking my plane!" Tails shouted.

Amy and Y/N knocked Metal Knuckles away with their hammer and giant fist whip. Tails made the Tornado go into a dive as Y/N caught Sonic by the hand.

"He hit the fuel tank! T-Pup, see if you can stem the fuel loss while I land us!"

"Yip!" T-Pup said.

Tails brought the plane down as they all prepared themselves for a crash as Kirby held onto Y/N. Then, they crashed into the ground, but were unharmed or hurt.

"Oogh..." Amy groaned out, feeling dizzy.

"Y'know what they say—any landing you can walk away from..." Sonic said, getting off the plane.

"Yeah-Yeah-Yeah... Ugh..." Y/N groaned.

"Pooteetah..." Kirby groaned as his three eyes rolls in dizziness.