Chapter 4

"Be anchored in life. Be anchored in what you believe is right."

The next day at 6am in the morning when the researchers had all gone to their respective houses to sleep after watching the demonstrations of sending a few more employees to future and bringing him back, the dimpled man counted the scars on his hands. It had been one week since the invention and also one week since Namjoon had been visiting his younger self.

"Thirty today."

He silently whispered as if in repentance.

"Fifteen more scars than yesterday I see. Something must have happened for him to cut so much again. Why can't I remember?"

Suddenly it stuck him what day it was and he couldn't help but hurry towards the time machine. He stepped inside the machine and started to fix the wirings and switches.This was all going to be a part of the temporal paradox, thought the dimpled man, remembering how that last relative's face started to fade away from his memory when he was lying in the ICU bed alone. But this time he was determined to make it right.

He started the device. But lo it started to shake again and again and he realised that he was going to be late so he geared up in full speed.

"No no no this can't be happening right now!"

But the machine started and he only wished it wasn't too late.

~To be continued