Chapter 5

"It's better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times."

The sixteen year old Namjoon stood on the rooftop, the wind blowing through his hair violently. The city underneath looked peaceful basking in the serenity of the moonlight, asleep unlike his stormy mind.

Today was particularly the worst day of his life and he didn't want to live any further.

He hadn't been able to study well and his grades were slipping. He scored a C grade this time and the teacher clearly looked disappointed in him. His parents were called over to inform them about his overall class performance and they were told how he looked lost in class and how he wasn't paying attention to what was being taught. As soon as they reached home, his father threw him aside violently and kicked him in his gut.

"LOWLIFE fucking disappointment-"

He yelled and constantly jerked Namjoon.

"YOU DO NOT EVER CARE SO WHY NOW-"

He wanted to yell but his mother grabbed him by the hair and slapped him harshly.

"You were a mistake. Clearly a mistake!"

She said and they left him sobbing in his room.

Later at night Namjoon couldn't breathe. He felt the walls closing up on him. He snuck out of the window and ran to the park in search of the man. But to no avail. So even he had left him alone?

He dragged his miserable self to school. There was no security. His breathing grew erratic, as if everything was preplanned, and god had set up everything for him. HE wanted him, his time has arrived. Namjoon was an atheist but during his last few mortal moments he believed in god too.
He ran to the open school, because nip it at the roots they say don't they? He ran to the roof and stood on the ledge, the wind blurring all noise and all senses along with it, then closed his eyes, took a last breath and floated off to gravity.
A loud crash and a throbbing pain echoed in his ears, he could feel his ears ringing and someone screaming, "AMBULANCE...FUCK WHATS THE OLD 911?" "HELP SOMEBODY-"before he floated to oblivion.

The older Namjoon couldn't save him as he watched with wide eyes as the sixteen year old boy was dragged to the ambulance by the paramedics soon after, making him get off far beyond his reach. No he couldn't let this happen! Even if it meant changing history, he was willing to do so. He would end it where it all started.

Wasting no time he stepped inside the machine and travelled back to 12 years ago when he was nothing but a mere four year old.

~To be continued