ɪɪ | IT'S ALL RELATIVE

CHAPTER 2

IT'S ALL RELATIVE

     FATHER ORSI AND SISTER LILY directed Celeste and her vassals inside the church. The older man was, to say the least, saddened by the brunette's strong argument. It seems that they've been searching a long time for Eris, finally stumbling upon her a week prior to their appearance.

Thessia, the new librarian, was one of Celeste's most trusted people. She was dispatched to the library that the Silvamillion's built about 20 years ago and was actually given the extra mission to search for a presumably blonde girl by the age of twelve with sea green eyes and potentially wears a purple necklace.

Years upon years turned into a decade of relentless searching. Needless to say, when she saw Eris on Village Day, she needed to know her name. Once she did, it was a dead ringer.

Before every search, Celeste would state Eris' full name, followed by the goal they had to accomplish. "We need to find her before she turns 15," was what Celeste would emphasize the most in her speech. In which most of the searches, a certain strange man was a part of.

It explains the borderline obsession that he displayed once he found a carbon copy of the girl he's been trying to find for years on end.

The three thought that perhaps once they found Eris, she would gladly go with them and all would be sun shines and rainbows. But the situation that they're being put in now says otherwise. The girl didn't even seem to like them much. She was very hostile.

Orsi Orfai didn't want to let the girl he'd raised for more than a decade go so easily and he knew that Eris wouldn't want to leave them either. She was one of his children. They were her family. The girl would be leaving four younger siblings, two of her best friends, an occasionally ditzy Father who raised all the children in their unconventional family, and an older sister figure that she grew up with behind.

But depriving what was the girl's closest chance to having a blood related bond also didn't sit right with him. So he came to a decision.

Finalizing their conditions, Father Orsi and Celeste shook hands, the latter having a sincerely grateful expression on her face. Which the former took solemnly, asking the woman to take good care of Eris.

     MEANWHILE, as the adults were deciding her fate, Eris walked off to the fields, sorting out her thoughts. She already knew what was going to happen. Her mother entrusted her to Celeste, after all. And Father Orsi... well, he wanted Eris to experience everything good he deemed she deserved. To experience having a blood related family. Or at least be aware of her parents and follow their wishes.

After all, for the first five years of her life, Eris had sought out to question why she was left in the care of the church; her parents nowhere in sight. And of course, like any clueless abandoned child, she assumed that they didn't love her enough to keep her.

As she grew up, her views changed. Instead, maybe they couldn't take care of her and thought it would be better to give her away. Nonetheless, she didn't care about the reason anymore and found her own family in the church.

Eris expected that Father Orsi and her supposed godmother would give her the chance to choose after they agree on their own terms. After all, despite the distrust that she felt towards the three newcomers, she was willing to listen to what they had prepared.

But she was still hesitant. Actually, she didn't even consider going with them at all. Her mind was only focused on one perspective and that was on her family in Hage. Her only family, she liked to think.