prologue

(third person)

harry styles had always been a slow learner. this may be due to his diagnosis of ADHD when he was 6. or maybe the fact that he never had real parents, since his biological mother was mentally unstable to care for a child and his biological father passed away while he was in the womb. however harry thinks it's 'just the stupid world being mean to his stupid self'

as for louis tomlinson, he first moved to the orphanage when he was 3 years old. his biological parents unfortunately died in a car crash and little louis was in his car seat but he managed to survive. although louis can't remember his parents 15 years later, he is okay with that because he has all he needs right infront of him.

and that is a 12 year older boy on his knees next to his suitcase wrapped up in louis large yellow hoodie, with a small bear at the top left in brown thread. the hoodie was oversized for louis and he's 16 so it swallows harry whole but it's fine because harry loves wearing louis clothes and louis loves seeing him in it.

harry is packing his own suitcase because he  already packed louis for him considering louis wasn't feeling motivated to do it for some unknown reason. but harry's smiling so wide and he looks so happy that louis' heart breaks even more.

you see earlier in the day, louis got told that he was being adopted. louis was torn because that meant leaving harry, but he also wanted a family. when he told harry this, he had to explain it in a way harry would fully understand and he knew he got the message across when his baby's face fell and tears immediately filled his eyes and fell down his rosy cheeks. before louis could even comfort him, a carer whose name was jane approached them and asked to talk to harry. when she got no response from harry apart from tears she looked toward louis who nodded and stepped away and headed to his and harry's room with a glum frown on his face.

not even 5 minutes later, the door to their room was slammed open causing it to bang against the wall behind it. then a flash of brown curls and yellow cotton came speeding in. louis barely had time to recover from the sudden bang that he was almost winded when harry's small body flew forward straight into his stomach. therefore sending them both flying and toppling onto the carpeted floor beneath them. as soon as louis gathered his bearings, he wrapped his arms around harry's thin body and immediately became confused when he felt harry's body shaking.

"sweetheart, what's wrong?" louis asked while rubbing his hand on harry's back.
when harry lifted his head from louis neck, he had a huge face-splitting smile on his face making his dimples pop out. his eyes were still red from his sobbing earlier but there was a hopeful glimmer in them. louis had never been so confused, especially when harry replies with "i'm happy lou we're gonna be together forever!"
now that made louis incredibly confused now. "what do you mean honey? i told you i'm leaving" louis reminded him.
but harry just shook his head, smile never leaving his face "no loubear, i'm coming with you! jane just said. just now." he rambled.
louis' eyes widened comically and his eyebrows furrowed "she did? what did she say darling?" louis asked because he knew that harry had a hard time understanding people.

harry sat up still on top of louis but moving so his legs were either side of louis thighs and he grabbed louis shoulders, trying to pull him up too. when louis realised what he was trying to do, he sat up and shuffled them back so he leaned his back against their bed.

harry started explaining with exaggerated gestures and bright eyes, "she said. well she said what's wrong and i said i was sad. then she was like- like umm don't be sad i got good news so i stopped being sad"
the younger boy explained looking in louis eyes at 'important' parts to see if he was paying attention when louis nodded with his heart thudding erratically in his chest.

harry continued as louis wrapped an arm around his  lower back and the other on his hip. "so next she said sommet like your going to go to another home with a new family so i thought oh just like louis! so then i asked her- jane yeah?"

louis squeezed his hip and nodded so harry carried on.

"i said when'm i goin? and she said tomorrow so that means i'm going with you cuz you know. you're gonna go tomorrow too!" he finished and took a moment to catch his breath back as he hardly breathed at all during his little speech.

louis however, was not convinced that harry understood so he asked "haz, baby did she say anything about your new family?"

after a few seconds trying to remember, harry exclaimed "yeah i think uh. she umm- yep she said. she said amee-lee uhh amelia? i think and m... maelan? no uh mane- no it was-" harry rambled quietly to himself trying to remember the other name.

whereas louis couldn't hear anything after he heard the name amelia. because when jane sold louis about his new family. she said louis was being adopted by two men. ethan and luke.

.. ... .... ..

ooooo i don't know why i'm writing this. i don't think anyone will read it but oh well it's fun and i can use my imagination i guess. xoxo

anyway if by some chance, someone does choose to read this. please comment if there's anything wrong with it. or if you... like it? and then i'll maybe add moreeee??

ba-bye imaginary friends!