Chapter - 2

"A crush?"

"Yes, since sixth grade."

"I cannot believe that you have a crush. Why don't you just ask her out then? Who would say no to you?"

"It's not about getting rejected, I'm just not brave enough to step into the light yet."

"See, we're talking about courage now. That means that you fear getting rejected, same thing."

"It's the fear of hurting the person you love the most."

Louis pauses for a second, trying to figure out what Harry just said, and after successfully giving up, he continues, "Well okay, Shakespeare, whos 'the person'? Tell me the name."

"I can't. I'm sorry, but I just can't."

"You've trusted me already with some information, trust me with some more."

"Do you really wanna know?"

"Why would I ask if I did not want to know, what kind of a question is that, Styles? Just tell the name already."

"Um... okay then... if you're insisting so much. But promise me that you won't judge me or tell this to anyone..." 

"Of course I won't," Louis assures him.

Harry pauses for some time, but finally decides to continue, "Well, actually... the person is...  "

Harry's statement is cut in between by Liam barging in through the door.

"There you are Louis! I've been looking for you everywhere. And, what are you doing here with Harry? Are you two finally friends?"

"Um... not really friends... but... I can say that we're not mortal enemies anymore." 

Louis said this only because he feels bad for the Styles kid after he got to know how he feels about his friends. Yeah, Louis doesn't like him, but Louis a good person. 

"Glad that you two could sort it out like mature people do," Liam says, "Anyway, I came with some news for you Louis."

"For me? What is it?" Louis asks.

"Do you remember Amelia, the brunette girl from your math class?"

"Yeah, what about her?"

"She was asking me if you're single. Looks like you're finally getting a girl too!"

"Wow, did she really say that? Nice, I'll probably talk to her."

"I know you won't. But I came here because I thought that I should let you know. See ya downstairs, we gotta leave too. Finish your talk and come down, I'm driving," Liam orders.

Louis tosses the car keys to Liam while still sitting on the bed.

"Yea, Styles, who is it? Sorry you got interrupted," Louis asks Harry as soon as Liam leaves.

"I... I think that.. " Harry is practically stuttering here, "That you should get going, your friends are waiting for you."

"Sucker! I knew you wouldn't tell me. Anyway, have a good night and don't drink too much, you got school tomorrow," Louis says while leaving.

"Okay, mom."

"By the way, Harry... can I say something?"

"Yeah?"

"If you really like someone then you should just tell them. Maybe the move that you're scared to make just might be the one you are supposed to make." 

Louis is still standing at the door and there is another thing that he wants to say. He should just say it. Yeah, he should. So, after contemplating upon the words he is about to say for a few seconds, Louis finally says, "Harry... don't be scared to step into the light, you're made to shine."