ROSE

Pasiphae yelled, "Charge!"

The monsters dashed at us like some rabid animals on the loose, three dog-headed, human-bodied monsters attacked me at once. I was able to dodge one of their attacks, but the other two smacked me into the nearest bookshelf, toppling down the entire history genre section.

Just as the monsters were about to hit me again, an arrow pierced through all three of the monster's chests at one time. Amethyst helped me up as we continued fighting.

I cast a few fire, water, and electric spells at some of the dog things, but my last spell was deflected back at me by a force field. I was able to dodge the blow, having to roll out of the way quickly as the spell clattered a bookshelf almost right on top of me.

Pasiphae smiled with her pearly white teeth. "Ready for round two?"

"I can't believe I'm technically related to you," I grumbled.

I dodged one of her energy blasts and got a good strike on her leg. The last time I had fought Pasiphae, I had been able to defeat her pretty easily as she was certainly no combatant, but she seemed to have improved since then and I had had the aid of both Kai and Arthur that time.

I telekinetically lifted up a few books and threw them at her, but Pasiphae lifted up a table and blocked them. She then threw the table at me, which narrowly sailed by my head and knocked over yet another bookshelf. The real Clio, wherever she was, would likely be very ticked at the damage done to the library.

The two of us kept exchanging spells, matching each other shot-for-shot. Normally I'd take pride in being level to a goddess in magic prowess, but Pasiphae is a notoriously bad sorceress in terms of battling capabilities, with her whole gimmick being illusions and tricks of the Mist, and whenever that goes wrong, disappear into the Mist to terrorize more demigods.

I scanned the area around me very quickly and got a sliver of hope - my friends seemed to be doing well on their own, which meant that if I somehow screwed this up, they could have my back and take down Pasiphae. Alexander was smacking and swatting away the clay things with relative ease, Geneva was slaying monsters left and right, and Amethyst's shots were pinpoint and slayed each monster on hit.

Pasiphae snapped her fingers, and a bookshelf came falling onto me. I was able to catch it telekinetically, but she then blasted me backwards with an energy wave.

I got up quickly and cast a vine spell to bind Pasiphae's ankles together, as she waddled forward like a kid with their shoelaces tied together. I used the opportunity to fling books at Pasiphae until she was able to break herself out with a magic knife she created.

She threw the knife at me with razor sharp precision and speed, but I was just able to flick the knife to the side, impaling a dog monster who was trying to be all slick and sneaky and snap my neck without my knowing.

Pasiphae levitated herself off the ground and began firing energy blasts everywhere, destroying tables and throwing around books. Most of her blasts narrowly missed me, but one connected with my leg and sent me barreling into a wooden table, my back taking the brunt of the damage.

Pasiphae summoned a bunch of dark energy knives out of nowhere and prepared to fire me at them.

When the knives came towards me, I snapped, casting a reversal spell and sending the knives back at Pasiphae, hitting her into the librarian's desk. On impact with the table, some weird click sound occurred and the table scooted back three inches, revealing a secret staircase going down somewhere.

I heard a muffled scream from downstairs and ran down towards the sounds, Pasiphae still incapacitated.

Under the library was a regular-sized room that looked as if it had been through war. There was a queen-sized bed that had books and crumbs covering it. The sheets were extremely untidy and more than half of the pillows were lying on the pink carpeted floor, which was covered in paper, colored pencils, and books. There was a desk and multiple bookshelves which were all dusty and unkempt, as well as a random door that stood from across from me.