You're a bloody wonder

985 words | Hey again!! I missed writing on here so I decided to start a new story where it's all original so it doesn't feel like you're just reading a story of the film lmao, I hope you enjoy this <3 also I still can't reply to comments so I'll try to reply in authors notes before and after chapters but don't take it personally if I don't reply, I'm still very grateful for your opinion :))

Mrs Eleanor Lovett was in her shop serving a customer, yawning on her way over to him. She wasn't getting much sleep recently, daydreams of a possible life with the barber upstairs took up most of her time and she was starting to lose sleep because of it. He was driving her crazy, she needed him at this point, needed his love and affection. Speaking of the barber upstairs he came through the door causing the bell to jingle cheerfully, making Nellie turn her head and smile immediately as she saw him. He glanced and her and huffed, stomping over to the back room and sitting down, putting his head in his hands. "Excuse me for a moment love," Mrs Lovett told her customer and headed off to the back room to see her Mr Todd. She liked to call him her Mr Todd even though she knew he wasn't hers. Not yet at least. "Love-?" She said as she got to the back room, looking at him, "what's wrong dear?"
"The judge. The judge is what's wrong! I want him gone, I need to kill him!"
"Alright love, relax please. Listen dear, once my customer is gone I'll go out and see if I can find the judge. If I find him I'll bring him here for a pie then you offer him a shave. Take him upstairs and do whatever to him, we'll go down to the bake house to clear up all the evidence of what we've been doing, collect up all our earnings, pack up all our things and set the shops on fire. Then we'll go to the train station with Toby and move to the seaside, it's as simple as that!" She suggested all in no more than two breaths, that woman could talk for England.
"The seaside-?" He groaned, why the seaside?
"Yes!! It's always been my dream since I was a tiny little slip of a thing, my aunt Nettie used to take me there in the August bank holiday, I remember making those little sand castles and swimming in the beautiful sea, oh yes and-" she went to continue, only to be interrupted.
"Yes alright alright, we'll move to the seaside." Sweeney confirmed to shut the baker up, she could really get on his nerves sometimes. He knew of her fantasies about him but he couldn't deny he had felt a little something for her ever since her idea about the pies. She was smiling happily, staring at him. "By the sea with you and Toby... it sounds perfect."

Nel had found the judge when she went out, and when Sweeney emerged from the back room he was greeted by the sight of the judge sat at a table in Lovett's pie shop, stuffing his face with a pie he didn't deserve. Eleanor went over to him and smiled, "how about a shave from the best barber in London eh? Reasonably priced and brilliant quality, you won't regret it sir. Don't you want to woo the ladies, get rid of all that stubble?"
"Well, I suppose so" the judge replied, getting up and following Sweeney upstairs. Nel smirked and went to a cupboard, unlocking it and taking out packed jars of money. She packed all the jars in to a bag that they'd take to the seaside with them. As she went down to the basement she heard the familiar crash of a body hitting the stone, knowing the deed was done. Sweeney soon came down, looking happier than usual and helping Mrs Lovett to clean the bake house from top to bottom. They burned all the bodies except three so the locals thought all three of them died in the fire they were about to start, just incase anyone decided to come looking for them. By dark they were already packed, although they had to keep their bags light just incase the police found them. It was hard to keep the things they packed to a minimum for Nel, she was somewhat sentimental and she kept finding things from her childhood she wished she could take. But she couldn't dwell on the past, not now, none of them could.

They decided to get a few hours of sleep before waking up at around one in the morning, setting the shops on fire and hurrying to the train station, Nel clutching on to Toby's hand so he'd hurry. Soon enough they were on a train to the seaside. Eleanor was sat by the window, her head resting against it, with Toby's head in her lap as he slept. She was sleeping too, slowly stroking her sons hair. Sweeney sat across from them, huffing and puffing because he couldn't sleep, the window was too uncomfortable to use as a pillow for him. His sighing and mumbling woke up Eleanor who ended up convincing him to use her shoulder as a pillow. In the end they were all sleeping happily, cuddled up to one another on the way to a new beginning. Mrs Lovett and Toby couldn't wait, however Mr Todd was quite the opposite. Nel was sure he'd learn to get used to it, just as she was convinced that he'd love her one day. She was sure of it, she could see their future together, her first name and his last name just made sense together. In her mind they were soulmates; her only task left was making him believe so too.