Chapter 1

"Lily let's go to the canteen na!" Sophie said while she was pulling my arm.

"Hang on! I'm still fixing my things," I said while pulling my arm away from her. She's always atat to go to the canteen kase andun yung crush nya na 4th yr. 

"Hurry up I wanna sit next  to Karl!" She pulled my arm again, good thing I'm done arranging my things. As we were walking on the way to the canteen, somebody walked with us.

"Hey Lily," he said. 

"Omg you're here nanaman Zeke. You know naman na wala kang pag-asa kay Lily diba? Like you should stop omg," Sophie said while rolling here eyes. 

The one who said hey to me was Ezekiel or better known as Zeke. He is a 3rd yr chemistry student. We take some classes together and dahil dun, we became close. He tried pursuing me when we were in 1st yr and we had a thing for awhile but it didn't worked out because we both decided that we were too young and it's just not going to work. Ever since, Zeke became a playboy and I kind of think that malapit niya nang makausap halos lahat ng girls sa batch namin. Even though he's like that with other girls, he still treats me and Sophie with respect.

"Sophie that was literally 2 years ago, you should move on na. Me and Zeke both moved on already, ikaw nalang hindi. Right Zeke?" I said while looking at him. I just want to mention how he is taller than us. Basketball varsity player sya and hanggang shoulders niya lang kami ni Sophie so kailangan namin tumingala every time na titingin sakanya.

"Sure," Zeke said while looking away.

Sophie suddenly started laughing out loud and I looked at her confused. "Why are you laughing?" I asked

"You're funny kase eh," she said while pointing at me.

"Me..?" I said confused.

"Omg Lily you sure are smart, but at the same time you're so dense," Sophie said.

"Let her be, nababaliw nanaman yang si Sophie," Zeke said and circled his arms around me para malayo kay Sophie.

"Wha- Excuse me?! Buti nga di ko pa binubunyag secret mo eh!" Sophie said.

"What secret?" I asked.

"Zeke's still in--" Hindi natapos ni Sophie yung sasabihin niya dahil biglang tinakpan ni Zeke yung bibig nya.

"Huh? In what?" I asked.

"I'm still in the waiting list for the basketball varsity this year," Zeke said while pinupunasan yung kamay nya because Sophie bit his hand.

"What? I thought you automatically got in na since you were the MVP last year?" 

"Uh.. i don't know? You know what, nevermind that, what do you want to eat? My treat." Zeke suddenly changed the topic. Here I am still confused because I really thought he's automatically part of the team na since he did so good last season.

"I'll have siomai with rice," I said. Sanay na akong nililibre niya and he said that pangbayad na daw niya yun sakin kase minsan tinututor ko siya pag may hindi siya nagegets sa subjects namin. 

"Iwan ko muna kayo guys ha! Pipila ako dun sa pinilahan ng crush ko," Sophie said then walked away.

"Hi ate! I'll take two siomai with rice and two bottles of water," Zeke ordered. While he was ordering, I started looking for a table for us. 

I found a table and binilisan ko lakad ko kase baka maagawan pa ako ng table. While waiting for Zeke and Sophie, I was just scrolling through my phone. 

Sophie came back after niya masilayan yung 'crush' niya and afterwards, Zeke also came back to the table with our foods. "Hey do you guys wanna go to a party this Saturday? My friend's renting a club and he'll throw a party for his birthday." Zeke said. Today is Friday so that means the party will be tomorrow.

"I'm not really into clubs eh." I said.

"G ako! And Lily, you really should start exploring the outside world, puro ka nalang school! We're almost graduating, you should come!" Sophie tries to convince me. 

"I agree with Sophie, you should try atleast once before you graduate. Ako na bahala magpaalam sa parents mo." Zeke said while smiling at me. M parents really likes him. Maybe because they're business partners with Zeke's parents. 

"Uhm.. okay i guess?" I said unsure. 

"Nako Lily, alam ko na mga ganyan mo eh. You'll try to bail on us last minute!" Sophie said while pouting.

"No, I promise! I won't this time." 

"Pinky promise?" It's funny ow Sophie still believes on things like pinky promises but I still did it with her para lang tumahimik na siya.

After we went back to class, time went by fast and it's now dismissal time. I checked my phone and saw a text from my mom.

Mom: Lily sumabay ka muna kay Zeke or Sophie. I'm with manong right now and we have an important business to take care of. 

I sighed, sana sinabi niya nang mas maaga. "Sophie is it okay if sumabay ako sayo? My mom texted me and said that manong can't pick me up today."

"Sure! Pero okay lang ba if we drop by UST muna? I'll just pick up my brother." Sophie said.

"Sure!" After that, we went to Sophie's car na. Sophie is a terrible driver not gonna lie, she almost crashed a few times because of how easily she can get distracted by other things. I made sure that I wear my seatbelt all the time when she's driving because we'll never know. Chinika lang ako ni Sophie the whole ride and now we're at UST. 

She parked in front of the gates and we saw her brother walking with a friend beside him. Her brother's a second year and is taking business. 

"Ate pwede ba sumabay satin tropa ko? May presentation pa kaming kailangan tapusin eh." AJ, her brother said while going in the car.

"It's fine but hatid muna natin si Lily sa house niya." Sophie said while starting to drive.

"Hi ate Lily! Oh and btw this is Ethan, my friend, he's also a 2nd yr business major." AJ introduced his friend to us. 

"Hello po." He said while looking at me and extending his hand. 

"Hey Ethan nice to meet you." I accepted his hand and shook it but nagtagal yung kamay niya sa kamay ko which made me uncomfortable. Buti nalang binitawan niya na pagkakahawak niya sakin.

That Ethan guy is creepy, I don't like his vibe.