21

We stand around a laptop in the warehouse. Rico and Tego are tapping into the cameras in the police parking garage. Four camera angles pop up on the screen.

"Got it. We got it!" Mia shouts.

"Yeah, we're looking at four cameras," Brian states.

"Yo, that's some high-end shit, too. Marker optics. Hundred-degree field-of-view. Ten seconds oscillation," Han tells us.

"Yeah, that's a narrow window, man," Brian says.

"Can't we just tap in and replace the image?" Gisele asks.

"Nah, it's hooked into a digital sync. They would know we were in the system," Tej explains. "The best we can do is peek."

"We're going to need some real fast cars to get through this," Rome states.

"Not just fast. You got a hard right and a hairpin. We're going to need something agile," Han says.

"You guys mock up a track," Dom states. "O'Conner. Santos. Let's go get some cars."

I smile as I wrap my arms around him.

Brian smiles. "Nice."

Brian, Dom, and I head out to a street race. Been a while since we've been to one of these.

"Home sweet home," Dom states.

Dom wraps his arm around me as we look at the cars.

"How about that?" Brian is eyeing a blue Porsche. "All motor, no tuning issues. I always wanted one of those."

A walks over towards us. "Held the record on the Avenida three years running. You got a lot of balls to bring your problems here, Toretto. Not to mention a cop."

"Yeah, we can keep that on the low," Brian tells him.

"Word on the street is a lot of people are looking for you three." He puts his hands up. "What? You didn't think we'd recognize you?"

"No, we're kind of counting on it," Dom tells him. "That little coupe may run the streets around here," He turns to point to the Charger. "but that monster has never seen a set of tail lights, ever."

"Well, she's about to," the guy states. "El auto de Dominic Toretto en mi cochera. Eso... seria un buen trofeo. (Dominic Toretto's ride in my garage. Now that... will be a nice trophy." People start to cheer. "Let's go, legend. Car for car."

"Car for car?" Dom asks.

"You want it, come and get it," the guy tells us.

Dom took it. The Porsche was no contest for Dom's car. Brian and Dom pull up into the warehouse. I can hear Rome laughing as we get out.

"Really? Where did you get that from? Papa Smurf?" Rome taunts.

We've got a track set up to try and see if we can make these turns. We've got cameras set up just like the ones in the police parking garage.

"Okay, O'Conner, give it your best shot," Dom tells him over the PA system.

Brian speeds through the course as fast as he can. He skids to a stop beside us. "How was that one?"

"Camera caught you," Han tells him.

"What?" Brian asks in disbelief.

"It still caught you," Han tells him.

"Man, I was milking the hell out of that thing, too," Brian tells Dom.

"We're going to need a faster car," Dom states.