25

We head to London ready to get the team back together. Hobbs has a whole warehouse setup with all kinds of cars and tech.

Dom and I walk into the room where Brian, Gisele, Han, Tej, Roman, Hobbs, and his protege Riley are.

"All right, Hobbs, you got the best crew in the world standing right in front of you. Give them a reason to stay," Dom tells him.

"Our target is Owen Shaw." Hobbs tosses a picture of him down on the table. "Former major in the S.A.S., Spec-ops soldier. He ran the UK's Mobility Division in Kabul and Basra."

"Ah, damn. That Mobility unit's the truth. We're talking vehicular warfare. Best in the world," Tej says. "Those guys don't mess around."

"For years, they've been running jobs in Europe, but it's their most recent jobs that graduated them to a whole new level. Three targets, highly specific. The program terminal from an ICBM missile..." Hobbs starts.

"Got a little change?" Rome asks Tej.

"Seriously? You're a millionaire, and you're still trying to ask for money?" Tej asks while handing Rome a few coins.

"That's how you stay a millionaire" Rome insists.

"So what does this all mean?" Brian asks.

"Well, our best guess is that Shaw's crew is building a Nightshade device," Hobbs states.

"Which is?" Gisele asks.

"A tech bomb. Designed to block an entire military communication grid for 24 hours," Riley explains.

"If you blind a soldier for a single second in the middle of a fight, he dies. If you blind a country for 24 hours, the loss of life is unthinkable. This could be worth billions to the right buyer," Hobbs tells us.

"Billions? Why don't we just steal that shit?" Tej remarks.

"Hey, man. Which one of these things is a dollar?" Rome asks. He's standing in front of a vending machine. "It says something about..."

Hobbs shoots the glass out of the vending machine. "It's on the house." He turns back to the rest of us. "I want you to help me catch Shaw. He's only got one piece left that he needs, and I intend to stop him before he gets it. Now, I know you guys are a family. So I'm offering you a chance right now to make that family whole again."

"You want to make this family whole again?" Brian asks. "Get us to Letty, we'll get you Shaw, full pardons all the way around."

"I can't promise you that," Hobbs tells him.

"Yes, you can," Brian insists.

"That's the deal," I state.

"Take it or leave it," Dom says.

"You get me Shaw, and I'll get your pardons," Hobbs tells us.

"You heard him. But this is different. We're not dealing with cops, we're not dealing with drug dealers. This is a whole different level," Brian states.

"We're getting paid, right?" Rome asks.

I stand with Dom.

"I feel guilty about getting everyone involved in this," I confess. "Everyone was off doing their own thing. They have their own lives."

"We're a family, Antonia," Dom tells me. "And this is what family does for each other."

We're standing in a parking garage watching the cops down below.

"Interpol picked up one of Shaw's guys in Moscow. I went in, had a little therapy session with him. He gave up Shaw's hideout," Hobbs tells us.

"Then why aren't we down there now?" Gisele questions.